IB developers: are you idiots?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by youarefired, Apr 25, 2006.

1. blr121970

blr121970

You can write solid applications in Java.

But some people don't seem to be able to.

And this isn't the first time this kind of ooops is being perpetrated by you-know-who.

To think I selected them to trade options after reading reviews rave reviews here.....

God knows how many others have fallen for that.

Funny thing is there was an article on their boss in II sometime ago. And he said what a techie he and his company was.

Well - how about regression testing your product before you release it pal!

#11     Apr 25, 2006
  2. You are living in the past - about 6 or 7 years ago. Modern JVMs (1.4 and 1.5) from Sun, IBM, BEA and others are stable and continue to improve all the time.

#12     Apr 26, 2006
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Youarefired.....

Don't ever apply for a public relations job. And please do direct everyone here to a better broker and one who is constantly willing to lend us a hand here on this website. Thanks.

#13     Apr 26, 2006
  4. It's called...... CLEVER advertising.
    C'mon, am I the only one that see's these stupid games.

OP, I feel your pain, they probably are.... or at least lazy.

#14     Apr 26, 2006
  5. def

def Sponsor

If you were older than 19 and actually were permitted to open an account, you'd have more to add besides rookie comments. You'd also be able see that there has been some great functionality added recently. Then again, I'm not sure you'd ever use the delta neutral trading, volatility option trader or VWAP functions that were requested of us from large hedge funds and institutions.

#15     Apr 26, 2006
  6. dalvord

dalvord

I'm almost 50 years past age 19, have a real IB account, and have no relation with IB other than as a customer. I have traded with a number of other firms as well.

TWS is on an exponential improvement curve; the common mechanisms among Option Trader, Book Trader, Chart Trader, Trading pages,and Spread Trader are quite efficient; the educational webinars are excellent, the costs including margin rates and Forex spreads are of course appealing, the daily statements rich and deep as are the worldwide offerings, the API relationship with other programs is quite effective, user forums unusually helpful, and the things I have desired (IV and open interest in option trader, better data page colors, and speed) have or are being implemented. I essentially never have a problem trading with TWS, especially since the daily resets consume such a short time and I have learned more about the software functionality. Bottom line: I make money with TWS.

I suspect I speak in general for the silent majority, whom I also suspect feel anger, impatience, and embarrassment for the sophomoric, juvenile carping the minority so publicly displays.

Thanks for being in business, IB folks.

#16     Apr 26, 2006
  7. balda

balda

thank god for IB.

oops

thank IB for IB.

#17     Apr 26, 2006
  8. rols

rols

Steady on now! If we can't blame IB who are we going to blame?

Methinks WS said something about this...

#18     Apr 26, 2006
  9. rols

rols

.........Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie
    Which we ascribe to heaven.

~William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

#19     Apr 26, 2006
  10. It's obvious IB developers live in their own world with little consideration for traders day to day use of the platform.

Adding functionalities is great although no one should be forced to constantly upgrade. And above all ease of use, ergonomics and reliability should be the priority and obviously it's not. What is is rushing to add features without even thinking them out. IB your judgement is HIGHLY questionable, development is OUT OF CONTROL. These people are not traders, have no idea whatsoever what they are doing when they modify layouts in short they undermine a trader's confidence in the platform, make my life more difficult, raise my blood pressure and put my money at risk! You are IRRESPONSIBLE AND DISRESPECTING THE CUSTOMERS

WHAT KIND OF RESPECT ARE YOU EXPECTING FROM THEM THEN ?

#20     Apr 26, 2006