IB Denies Problem with Quotes

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Arnie, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Arnie

Arnie

TWS has been locking up for 10-30 sec every few minutes or so. I have exhausted every other posibilty...router, isp, computer. I call them again today and explain that on same computer with Mytrack and TWS, you can clearly see TWS locking up while MT quotes are coming in. They say they have NO REPORTS of this problem from anyone else today. These people are unreal. Any suggestions? Maybe a new broker?:mad:

2. rwk

rwk

I use IB, and I have not had any problems. I have read on other boards that the latest build is causing lockups. I recommend downgrading to an earlier build.

3. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Aside from island quotes lagging every now and then, IB has been fine for me the past couple of days.

Have you tried upgrading/downgrading your tws version?

4. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Having lagging quotes right now at 12:30 PT.
    It's a bit hard to trade when the bid is higher than the ask
    and the trades are different than Qcharts.

Using Build 818.5

Symbol: SYMC keeps bid/ask keep crossing.

5. You may have a corrupted configuration file in the XML directory (the one named with random letters).

Ex: C:\Jts\dwxczye

Try to reinstall. (First you have to go into regedit and wipe out the version number of your most recent install, so the software will allow you to reinstall the same version again.)

Delete the XML directory and allow TWS to give you fresh files. (You will lose all pages, hotkeys, and personalizations if you do this.) You could copy the present XML directory to another location. Then delete it and restart TWS just to test if it is a corrupted config file.

Thirdly you could totally wipe out TWS and do a fresh install (rather than install the upgrade package).

6. rwk

rwk

Build 818.5 is reportedly the one causing problems. You can get a downgrade at the IB Web site.

7. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Thanks, I'll try downgrading.

There is something called 'testing' that should be done
    before a new release is put up.
    Everytime I log in, I get that stupid popup to check for the
    latest version. I just go wtf and click the upgrade.

Do NOT upgrade if your version is working fine.

8. Arnie

Arnie

I am going to try to downgrade from 818 also. Up until very recently, TWS has worked as good as any other system I have used. I really hope they can fix. The frustrating part is IB acting like I'm the only one with a problem.

9. Arnie

Arnie

Just got an IM from someone with IB and they are working on it now. ET comes through again!:D :D

10. Bob111

Bob111

that why i simply stop upgrading and stick with version which works ok.

#10     Mar 11, 2004