IB delays 11/14/2003

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by chinook, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Has anyone noticed IB NQ/ES delays around 11am EST? I was comparing it to Tradesation and IB had a mega delay of about 45-50 seconds!!!! This is the first time I've seen this much delay in a year.

Chinook

2. fan27

fan27

I saw the same thing.

3. saxon

saxon

Yep, my TWS went down, too. Always at a critical moment. Must be some crooks with their hands on the switch again. I trust these markets about as far as I can spit...but what's the alternative. Someday these cats will take an extended leave of absence at the zoo, and they'll be trading for packs of cigarettes instead of dollars.

:p

saxon

4. Def,

Can you please report this to your HQ so they troubleshoot what went wrong.

Thanks,

Chinook

5. The problem is that my TWS looked and behaved "normal". The quotes were just far behind the market. There should be a component meltdown at IB. These native Globex stops are a blessing!!!! I would have lost my mind by now without them!

Chinook

6. Had the same problem, as did everyone in the ET chatroom. Delay was around 30-60 sec and as much as 1+ pts. Lasted for about 10-15mins altogether. Someone in the chat was speaking to customer service at IB, but they weren't aware of any problems at that time.

7. I'm sure they will just say it was "market data problems"... :mad:

8. I made a fortune trading with the late quotes. I'll have to request that as a feature!!!

9. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

We had a hardware problem on our HA (High Availability Server). It froze for a minute. We are talking to the manufacturer.

10. Tell us who the manufacturer is so we can short the stock... :D

#10     Nov 14, 2003