IB/Datek Schedule D maker

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by prox, Mar 24, 2003.

1. prox

prox

2. Is it just me, or does any other user get extremely paranoid typing their username and password into these "new sharewares."

The only one I trust and use is Medveds Quotetracker...

...am I being paranoid here?

3. I was thinking the same thing.

Is there any easy way to change the password.

No disrespect meant to the creator of the program, I am just not comfortable typing in my username and password into a 3rd party program.

regards,

Bruce Hawkins

4. I hope you guys are not talking about revealing your IB username
    and password. I would not do it unless I knew the originator
    of this program personally. Of course, I am highly paranoid... :D

5. Whamo

Whamo

Just download the trade data and import it into the program yourself, thus keeping your login and password out of the program.

6. I joined the group....downloaded the free software...my outcome was unworkable...pgm was not user friendly....discussion board is overrun with problem questions... my import of a Quicken *.qif file loaded garbage....after a couple hours trying to get it to work, I chucked it because I was making little progress. Schwab data may have contributed to the problems.

Your results may vary....I would sure like to here from anyone having this working smoothly...with whatever software.

Good luck!
    Bruce

7. prox

prox

If you're paranoid, use the program to download your IB data .. make the schedule D .. then change your IB password.

The worst thing the guy could do is withdraw all your money to your own bank account or do something stupid like trade off your account .. in that 45 second delay time it takes for you to change your password.