IB - date for KOSPI futures contract please?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jonnysharp, Oct 31, 2005.

1. I'm looking after-hours and it appears one can sign up for Kospi data through IB now. I was even able to pull up a chart for the front-month futures (but need check options.)

Not sure if it is available yet to trade ... anyone?

#11     Nov 17, 2005
  2. def

def Sponsor

any day now, when you can see the data live you should be able to trade it. just working out some final (and hopefully minor) details.

#12     Nov 17, 2005
  3. def

def Sponsor

i jumped the gun slighty, we are showing prices today but haven't "flipped the switch". Monday looks pretty good.

#13     Nov 17, 2005
  4. What is the symbol so I can watch it trade

#14     Nov 17, 2005
  5. mokwit

mokwit

"Monday looks pretty good."

Yipee

#15     Nov 17, 2005
  6. nothing against IB offering this to USA citizens
    and maybe I would trade this too but

can someone please tell me why they would need to trade this ?

KOSPI200 futures / options ?

whats the average range overnight in Asian morning / afternoon hours ...

any correlation to the HSI ?

I see there is some historical info here

www.econstats.com/eqty/eqem_ap_8.htm

what are the contract specs going to be for IB
    retail customers ?

#16     Nov 18, 2005
  7. def

def Sponsor

The symbol is K200. Front month future is currently december. To pull the option chain you need to enter K200 Index.

I hear rumors that CFTC approval is imminent and if/when that occurs, US residents can trade it.

Why trade it? On a good day 20+ million options will trade. I won't go into correlation figures but if you like intraday volatility The kospi 200 us up there with the best of them +/- 2% ranges is not uncommon.

#17     Nov 18, 2005
  8. The thing that I think I will like best about the KOSPI is the the volume is in the options instead of the future. When trading most contracts I like to be long gamma (options) and trade the future to keep delta neural. The problem with this is that theta (time value)is always working against me. By by hedging delta with short options I can hedge my theta risks and still be trading a high volume contract.

#18     Nov 18, 2005
  9. opm8

opm8

That 9-3 would be 4-10 PM here on the left coast. :) Perfect for the after-work set.

--opm8

#19     Nov 18, 2005
  10. After a quick bit of research I can't find any stupid rules like cancellation fees etc. Does anybody know of such snags that I should be aware of?

#20     Nov 18, 2005