IB datafeed and constant volume bars

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by just21, Feb 12, 2008.

1. just21

just21

Doe s multicharts work with windows vista? The website offers no clues.

#21     Feb 13, 2008
  2. You don't owe me squat. Just focus and be conservative in your decisions. In a few years when you get really really comfortable with reading price, share with your friends.

#22     Feb 13, 2008
  3. Yes, it does but I would use the Win Vista Ultimate x64 bit version and build the hardware around it.
    Personally I like Win XP Pro x64 packed with plenty of ram for my trading computers.

#23     Feb 13, 2008
  4. bighorn

bighorn

I just realized I should have posted this on a more relevant thread, so my apologies to the group for that.

Prof, I spent many months just trying to figure out what it was you were saying. I just wasn't getting it. Then you posted a chart in Nov.-Dec. showing how the histogram was to be used on the faster chart in conjuction with the setup from the slower chart and the proverbial light bulb went off. I wasn't doing that. It's taken me since then to see the momentum along with price on the set ups to realize which ones to pass on and which ones were strong. Baby steps for sure, but I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel, or so I think. Time will tell.

I'll keep reading your posts and hone the skill, I'm sure I am still missing a lot. Meanwhile, I just can't thank you enough.

I finally figured out the ERG coding. Exactly like yours now. Smoothed you say.........nice curve ball :D You sure make a guy/gal work for the trinket!!

Once again, thanks!

#24     Feb 13, 2008
  5. just21

just21

So I presume esignal works in 64 bit, what broker software do you use for order entry?

#25     Feb 13, 2008
  6. ESignal works fine and more broker software does too; JTrader, Onyx, Ninja, XTrader etc. The choice is yours. I currently use JTrader for the manual stuff because it's simple but my automated stuff works in Ninja.

#26     Feb 13, 2008
  7. I figure if you put in the time you will understand it better.
    Well Done!!

#27     Feb 13, 2008
  8. just21

just21

#28     Feb 13, 2008
  9. bighorn

bighorn

One more question if I may......are you finding this weeks market action easier to trade or more difficult? My take is that it shouldn't matter being your setup is finding the bull/bear trend and then trading the oscillations accordingly. Do you find certain market conditions are best left alone and sitting on the sidelines is best during those periods? I notice you said that you trade trade different markets at different times during the day; how relevant is that statistically?

#29     Feb 13, 2008
  10. I find the charts create opportunities daily. Some days are just better than others but ever day has opportunities. You just have to learn to have patience and wait for them.

I trade the eGrains (primarily eWheat or eSoybeans) because they offer a lot of liquidity/volitility and are easy to read. Sometimes they are too easy but I don't complain. :D I like not starting till 10:30 am EST too. After the grains close, if I am still up to trading, I move to the eMini DOW or S&P. I look for the one that is playing out the clearest and trade it till about 4 pm EST. I never sit in after that.

I swing trade numerous longer term charts because the rules are the same but the stress is less, more profit per trade as well. I review the swing charts in the morning beore the grains open.

I have a strict definition for chart consolidation. Anytime a chart creates back to back trading oscillation failures (failure to make a HH or LL as compared to the last sequential trading [faster chart] oscillation) I stand aside until a trading oscillation does breach (creates a HH or LL) then I take the next trading oscillation back toward that breach. this keeps me out of a lot of crappy noisy trades.

Oh, time of day is irrelevant with CVB charts. The charts just slow down at times, like lunch.

#30     Feb 13, 2008