IB Data ...

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by BlueHorseshoe, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Suddenly my IB data appears to be updating extremely fast today .... never seen this fast before.

Def - has there been a change?

2. BH,

what is extremely fast for you ?
    I am extremely curious now, since my IB quotes seem like always, about 3 updates per second per data field.

Do you feel you receive all ticks in the ES ?

3. I don't know how fast my quotes typically refresh but ... they are really ripping today. Something has changed, and not necessarily at IB but perhaps ... well, I wouldn't know but the change is quite nice.

4. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

We are rolling out a new market-data dissemination system and at the same time we are changing the refresh rates. Could you please email your account number to help@interactivebrokers.com and include mg101 in the subject line so that I can verify that you are on the new system?

Thank you.

5. Is the ECBOT disappearing an IB issue or something that originates with the exchange itself? Happened again today after CC numbers.

6. Well, didn't get a response to my e-mail but can confirm my quotes are rippin' again today. Sure hope this is a permanent improvement - it is terrific!

7. traderob

traderob

Wow, sounds good!

8. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

I received 4 different emails w/ the question: "am I on the new system". I can't respond to the emails directly, as the sender address is not there when I get the email forwarded from the help@inter...

I will respond here using the initials and the last digit of the account number of the senders:

rc4, sm4, ma7: old system, connecting in USA, dynamic pacing
    cb7: new system, connecting in Europe, dynamic pacing.

cb7,

The reason why you saw a dramatic improvement was that before yesterday you were not on the dynamic pacing.

Please send no further emails to mg101 on this subject. Thank you.

9. Hi IBSoft,

Don't you have a smoother way for finding this out?

10. Ditch

Ditch

IB is a 1-2 sec ahead of e-signal here.

#10     Feb 25, 2004