IB Data???

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by El Cazador, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Jerry, I am not sure about that. Simply increasing the charge may not solve the problem. For those who wants 400 high speed quotes simultaneously, $50 may not be expensive.

And some folks nowadays may not care about quotes with low refresh rate (not exactly equal to being delayed) for many reasons. Some do not want to disturb their network administrators or bosses even though it is just about a few 10KB/S. Some want they CPU cool with fewer quotes going through quotetracker from TWS....

Yeah, but the bottom line is this. IB needs to do something about it. Otherwise, another thread like this will pop up on ET in a while.

:p

#11     Sep 23, 2003
  2. def

def Sponsor

qdzagain: do more volume, get more quotes at no additional cost. we currently don't aim to be full service data providers but we do aim at providing high quality data. it probably comes as no surprise that many traders want thousands of quotes to make 2-3 trades a day. that's a huge load on the system and there are many external sources bettert suited for obtaining that kind of data.

#12     Sep 23, 2003
  3. paradox

paradox

In a recent ET chat, Steve Sanders of IB mentioned that providing additional symbols for a fee was high on his agenda.

He also mentioned longer terms plans for adding historical data.

#13     Sep 23, 2003
  4. actually, adding the historical intraday data is going to reduce the load. If the user knows that they do not have to have all the symbols streaming just to get charts on them later (since they will be able to backfill), they are likely to track less symbols at a time and just backfill charts as needed.

As for $50 for 500 symbols, there are other sources that will give you that much for less money (or about the same, depending on exchanges). IQFeed for QuoteTracker for one. With the current datafeed implementation, I don't think it would be practical to run that many symbols through TWS anyway.

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com

#14     Sep 23, 2003
  5. PEP

PEP

DEF any plans to reduce quote refresh rate below 0,7sec. ?
    I think it's a priority!

Regards,
    PEP

#15     Sep 23, 2003
  6. Perhaps to those that take more than one trade per second. TICK and TRIN that are the main subject of this thread are more universal than quotes for any individual stock or futures issue and as such they do deserve to be given priority.

#16     Sep 23, 2003
  7. damir00

damir00 Guest

i'll add my vote for TICK and TIKI. eom.

#17     Sep 24, 2003
  8. traders here with IB

but TICK and TRIN is just something we prob will have to get elsewhere .... in the past my requests to IB on this were
    turned down

good luck ... maybe if we sign a petition with 10000 users ?

:p

#18     Sep 24, 2003