IB Data?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by polpolik, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Anyone having backfill problems - again? This is getting to be annoying and IB helpdesk doesn't seem to be aware of this problem AT ALL.

#21     Oct 7, 2008
  2. Tums

Tums

yes... backfill problem here...

don't bother with helpdesk... they won't, and they can't help you.
    don't get upset... unfortunately backfill is a low priority problem to them... they will fix it at EOD, or whenever they find the time.

#22     Oct 7, 2008
  3. Only had a problem today with Globex contract backfill. Cash index backfill worked fine.

#23     Oct 7, 2008
  4. yeah, I think the free backfill is like courtesy service to them. Helpdesk keep wasting my time asking me to email all these logs and doing all these things and it always gets fixed before they resolve the issue... until it happens again next week.

Really frustrating.

#24     Oct 7, 2008
  5. newbunch

newbunch

Backfill problems on Globex three days in a row now.

#25     Oct 7, 2008
  6. Syprik

Syprik

Yeah, had issues with ES backfill this am so switched to backup feed. As noted above, the best solution that seems to work every time is to get your systems up and running by 730am CST. This ensures you are collecting live data, not pinging IB for backfill when going into high volume open. After another call this morning, it was clear IB tech staff is at least aware of the issue and their developers are trying to remedy the problem. He mentioned that several weeks ago they had to divert some hardware dedicated to historical over to real-time bandwidth to cope with the recent chaos in markets. All the reason to have a back-up backfill feed for a market like this. IB real-time data and trade executions have been a non-issue.

#26     Oct 8, 2008
  7. problems here also.

#27     Oct 8, 2008
  8. I ended up deleteing intra-data from 9:47 thru 10:22+. Had the same prices in the fields and the pries were way off.

#28     Oct 8, 2008
  9. abxs

abxs

problems here too

not only with backfill but with real live charts too... try viewing ES or NQ contract chart from TWS....

#29     Oct 8, 2008
  10. it used to be just dead slow and unreliable... right now, it's not even working.

#30     Oct 8, 2008