IB data screwed up

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by chud, Oct 16, 2007.

1. chud

chud

Thanks DAV.

#11     Oct 16, 2007
  2. nassau

nassau

You said you believe IB has corrected the issue.
    Can you tell us what the issue was?
    Also is there anything we as traders with IB can do to assist in providing additional data to help assist in rectifying the problem as this has been on going and costly?

w

#12     Oct 16, 2007
  3. gangof4

gangof4

IB:

stop limit orders are not working right in the new browser based release. regardless of what the spread between stop and limit, it puts it @ the same price- i'm using the stand alone, as it just cost me. please tell the powers that be to quit releasing what is beta as a usable product- it costs traders real money.

#13     Oct 16, 2007
  4. Thanks for the warning go4, I had a problem with 878.0 a couple of betas back so have been with 877 since.

But what was the issue (because stop limits were fine for me). Also did it relate to a particular order entry platform because both Hong and I had identified the earlier problem (which was fixed).

Actually I've been running 878.0i (the beta) with no problems on my stop limit orders using ZeroLineTrader (I didn't realise 878 had gone live).

#14     Oct 17, 2007
  5. How does the problem manifest go4.

I just ran 878.1 and the stoplimits show up on TWS properly. Are you saying that it doesnt do what shows on the trading page?

#15     Oct 17, 2007
  6. gangof4

gangof4

i use booktrader- not cause i like it, just don't have time to learn new app right now.

my setting are for a 15 point stop limit from the stop- so it's auto when i put the stop limit on. used the new version today (i find the browser based slightly faster response-wise than the stand alone- go figure.

anyway, when i put on a stop limit in teh new version, it places the limit @ the same price as the stop (good luck with that on the HSI/HHI!!- i didn't notice that my limit wasn't 15 points until it (obviously) didn't execute- another nice extra 35 points of loss courtesy of IB.

i went into settings and made it 17 (to see if the new setting would take)- didn't work again. shut down TWS and restarted the browser based- still didn't work. thankfully, i have the stand alone ready to go, so i closed TWS down again and used that for the last 2 hours with no problem- stop limits working fine.

#16     Oct 17, 2007
  7. Thread crap. Your comment has nothing to do with the problem and you know it.

#17     Oct 17, 2007
  8. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

The issue was caused by stale data from the BATS excahnge.
    The best way to assist with an issue like this is to call CS immediately. It is much easier to troubleshoot in realtime. Gangof4 check for PM.

#18     Oct 17, 2007
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

It seems like a monitoring program that monitors for stale quotes from a single exchange may be in order. For example, if more than 10% of the bids/asks at BATS are causing locked quotes, is probably okay to just shut that route off and automatically tell an IB employee to look at the problem. Since IB likes to automate everything, this seems like a no-brainer.

#19     Oct 17, 2007
  10. chud

chud

I'm seeing more bad data, especially with Nasdaq stocks this morning.

Is this the same BATS issue?

#20     Oct 22, 2007