IB data screwed up

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by chud, Oct 16, 2007.

1. chud

chud

I'm seeing bad bid/ask/last data on a bunch of stocks again.

This has been going on for months now. What's the problem?

2. I see it for a bunch of Nasdaq names right now. Very weird.

3. Bob111

Bob111

QQQQ is crossed big time. what a bs.
    and it's actually shows a trades at those prices. 52.75,52.8, when actual price is around 53. sell me some!!!

4. nassau

nassau

same here and has had locked market data for the last 10 minutes or so on nyse and nasdaq
    IB is looking into it.
    I also checked with other remote traders who are on other servers and they also have issues.
    just rebalancing now.

w

5. A free cheese is only in a mouse-trap...

IB feed is compressed and distributed in intervals of 100-200ms. If you need a reliable, tick-by-tick, non-filtered feed, go and shop elsewhere... A good feed will cost you a couple of hundred bucks, but if your strategy requires it, this is the only way to go...

6. chud

chud

Yes, everybody knows that you have to pay up if you want the most reliable feeds down to the nanosecond. The question addressed on this thread is why quotes are being shown dollars away from the actual market for 30 minutes at a time. If you want to start a thread about how everybody should be paying for a Bloomberg subscription feel free to do so, but leave this thread for discussion on the current IB issue.

7. TOM134

TOM134

chud,

1) How dare you criticize IB's data!

"Interactive Brokers was awarded the highest star ratings from Barron's; 4.8 stars for lowest cost and 4.5 stars overall."
    http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/about/factSheet2004.php?ib_entity=llc

2) Please ask the following 2 geniuses at IB who both make over $1M for their incompetence:

Mr. Milan Galik , age 41
    Sr. VP of Software Devel. $ 2.63M

Mr. Thomas A.J. Frank , age 52
    Chief Information Officer and Exec. VP $ 1.13M

e.g. TWS = WHAT A JOKE!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=IBKR

8. What's the point of discussing an issue if you cannot change a thing? This problem has been discussed hundreds of times and what has been changed from IB side? Nothing... It's a waste of time...

Need a reliable service - pay for it. That's simple.

9. bitter much?:)

10. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

We believe we have corrected the problem which was causing the bad data. If you continue to experience the problem please PM me.

#10     Oct 16, 2007