IB Data Fees. 'Not Applicable'?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by dryheat3, Sep 5, 2008.

1. dryheat3

dryheat3

It was the user ratings from this website that convinced me to go with IB over other choices. I am looking over the fine print and have a question about the fees for data. In the 'North America' section it lists the AMEX, NYSE Level1, and NASDAQ level 1 as 'Not Applicable'. What does this imply? It does not say 'free' so I am wondering how to interpret this.
    The only thing that makes sense is the section:
    US Securities & Commodities Non-Professional Bundle (Includes all Stock, Options, Futures and Bond markets)

It shows the fees as:
    Free (USD 10.00 market data fee if less than USD 30.00 in commissions per month)

So, is the AMEX, NYSE Level 1 and NASDAQ levle 1 all wrapped up within the 'US Securities & Commodities Non-Professional Bundle'? And am I correct in assuming I will pay $10..00 per month for this basic level of market data unless I create $30.00 per month in commissioned trades?

I currently receive AMEX, NASDAQ Level 1 and NYSE Level 1 free of charge and just want to know up front if IB is going to charge me for this.
    Thanks for your input.

Dry :)

2. Correct. On top of that you get data for US futures and options. Once you generate $30 in commission everything is free.

3. JackR

JackR

At this time the ER2 (Russell 2000 futures contract) is included in the bundle. The Russell is moving from GLOBEX to the ICE later this month. Depending on who you deal with at IB you get different information on what you need to do (or not do) to continue to get Russell futures. So be aware that there may or may not be a change. Since time is rapidly running out I'm sure IB will come up with an approach soon. It may be that they already have, they just haven't decided to tell us about yet.

Jack