IB data fees and staff contradictory replies

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Benign, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Benign

Benign

#21     Oct 19, 2007
  2. LOL Don't

Your still too dumb to have mastered ignore.

Funnier still, you don't know who I support.

Funniest ... you too should fuck off to Alaron. They'd suit you both fine. Dumb and Dumber. :D :p :D :p :D

#22     Oct 19, 2007
  3. If a trader is generating more than 10$ in commissions/month, he or she will not have to pay for the level 1 US datas. Comprende? Nada, nothing, nichts.
    (When the market is fast the level 2 US datas are next worth to nothing)

For 5 euros, you are getting the Euronext Data Bundle- Level 1 (Stocks level 2 - Equity Derivatives level 1). You only pay 30 euros if you wish the level 2 for the equity derivatives.
    bing, bing, bing 5 euros, not 30!

The German Stock Bundle (IBIS + FWB) Non-professional - Level I is at 15 Euros. Wow, what a big deal, since you would have to pay 49 euros thru another provider/broker. I am a real active trader and for the German feeds, I would at best pay 29 euros thru another broker. AGAIN : The non active investors would pay 49 euros.

Nobody does a work for nothing/gets something for free and it's just BS to say that IB's realtime feeds are expensive, because they are (compared to the markets I know) CHEAPER.

There is a broker listed on the German Stock Exchange called Sino who is said to be the only profitable brokerage company in Germany with ONLY around 600 clients! But those clients are real active traders 'giving ' thousands in commissions every month to that broker. If IB would concentrate itself also on the real active traders, they would still generate an income and every lil' whiner would say that it is not fair that some people are having an advantage over them. Aber wie man es so schön sagt : Kleinvieh macht auch Mist. Wenn man sich dieses Thread anschaut : nur

#23     Oct 19, 2007
  4. Benign

Benign

Dear def,

Sorry I didn't say that in my replies. I intend to call you a liar. Yes I do feel the replies received from IB are doubtful. Instead of giving clear-cut answers to my doubts, IB is beating about the bush. I can't help but think IB is hiding something from us.

As a confirmation, are you really the staff who work in IB? What post do you do?

I still don't understand as exchange website reads maximum $200 per terminal. Of course you can get it cheaper but oh well...

HK exchange won't care to answer you if you are not a broker. Anyway it doesn't matter as I am not too interested in that market.

Sorry, I didn't say so or intend to think you are. But as I said, the replies given by IB are doubtful and contradictory. They don't make up some facts or stories but they don't want to reveal the whole truth either.

Since you are the one who said to be dealt with exchange data bills, can you guarantee and confirm the following:
    "All data fees charged on ANY MARKET are completely direct pass-through. IB definitely adds nothing on top of it on ANY MARKET. IB doesn't make even a single dime at all."

If you are willing to confirm that the above, would you mind answering me the following questions:
    1. If IB has no interest in data subscription, why does IB design to warn me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I don't subscribe the market data?

2. Every other message and popup can be set hidden by default through Global Configuration. Why does IB intentionally leave out this persistent popup?

3. The last question, why does IB refuse to fix this bug/design flaw as soon as possible, especially when IB said it has no interest in data subscription?

#24     Oct 19, 2007
  5. Benign

Benign

This thread has nothing to do with complaining the datafeed being expensive as a matter of fact. "Your mileage may vary" applies in this case so let's forget it and focus to another issue.

Now the issue is IB essentially forces you to subscribe market data through its persistent popup. This popup comes up EVERY SINGLE TIME you place/modify an order, making you impossible to trade.

For people who say they don't think it is a problem to be forced to pay extra bucks that they don't need, I highly suggest putting yourself in the following shoes:

What do you feel if IB is going to propose the following:
    "IB, please get more revenues through the compulsory payment scheme
    I suggest everyone who read it must vote for it. I would like to propose a "compulsory payment" scheme. Every trader have to pay an extra US$25/month for every single market they trade. Doing so will get you a nice ticket (permission) to submit orders through the world greatest broker.
    Don't ever tell me you want to refuse this scheme because:
    ) it is not a big deal
    ) you can afford it anyway
    ) the fee is very small
    ) don't tell me you can't make more than $25 profits per market per month?
    "

This is the situation I am facing now. If you want to trade for 4 markets in IB, please kindly give me US$100 or more.

If you were me, would you accept such a compromise?

#25     Oct 19, 2007
  6. cvds16

cvds16

It's been a long time since I saw someone so arrogant as you !

Life can be simple ...

Either you PAY the rather small fee ... (I doubt you filled in the questions asked when you applied with IB thruthfully so big chance you shouldn't be a costumer in the first place)
    Either you request the reason for this popup (there could be legal reasons)and POLITELY request the removal of this popup (through their features-poll), in the meantime you LIVE with the consequences of not paying and accept the pop-up without whining all over the place ...
    Either you just LEAVE IB (and stop your whining about them)...

#26     Oct 19, 2007
  7. Benign

Benign

Sorry I don't want to appear to be arrogant, but perhaps that is because it is the mirror of you:
    I never use any foul word in my replies as a matter of fact, or insult someone like the above even if I don't agree with someone.

If you think forcing someone to pay is not a problem simply because it is such a small fee, please donate US$100 to IB every month.

People focus too much on the cost itself. They should focus on the practice which is the real reason I complain. I don't think it is ethical to force someone to pay. People miss that crucial point.

Did it. "Other brokers allow me to trade without subscribing their own market data (of course they don't bombard you like mad either), meaning that they are not doing it obligatorily."

They didn't mention anything about legality when I talked to them.

I really can't get what you guys are talking about. A bug/design flaw is not a feature. Why do I need to submit it through feature poll?

It is amusing if we need to get enough vote to see a bug fixed. If this how IB handles bug report, shame on it.

#27     Oct 19, 2007
  8. cvds16

cvds16

It's the way in which IB works and handles those changes, but I guess you are too arrogant to understand.
    Instead of going that route (which has been suggested to you by various posters) you prefer to go on repeating yourself ad nauseam and want everything to be done your way ...

#28     Oct 19, 2007
  9. Guys,

Its simple - dont and benign are malignant dickheads.

They are too stupid to every understand what you are saying. So, at this point you are just educating newbies who might be attracted by the inflammatory thread title, which is a noble cause so well done.

Certainly, real ib staff are not going to want to respond to these twats.

#29     Oct 19, 2007
  10. IB should just close the accounts of those who are not complying with the request to generate at least 100 trades per year (and so get the level 1 US data level for FREE and and be pop up messages free).

Is it ethical when you are telling IB during the process to open an account, that you are a trader, when you are an investor, Benign?

Saying that IB would force a trader to pay 100 bucks by suscribing to its datas feeds if he is interested to act on 4 markets is just a lousy excuse for this thread, Benign, because you are certainly/probably not active in any way outside the US markets. It appears to me, that you just took in the list of the datas subscriptions fees, the exchanges that are demanding the most, without knowing anything about those exchanges and alternatives to get the feeds.

take a l
    take an i
    take an a
    take a r
    put them together and you might get an investor who thinks he is a trader

*rolls eyes*

#30     Oct 19, 2007