IB data feed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by simki, Nov 1, 2005.

1. drexl

drexl

Thanks for the reply. I am a little embarrassed, as there was no need for me to actually make this post at all. I was in fact replying to a thread on one of the first pages of the forum, before I actually got to read through the entire forum, and my reply was posted last, obviously.

Thereafter, I continued reading, and saw that the issue had actually already been addressed in much detail.

But thanks for your reply.

FYI - As a result of what I have been reading, I have already begun re-coding my 'Trade Robot' to incorporate this 'new' method of calculating 'lastSize' . . .

#41     Nov 20, 2005
  2. alanm

alanm

Quote from drexl:
    FYI - As a result of what I have been reading, I have already begun re-coding my 'Trade Robot' to incorporate this 'new' method of calculating 'lastSize' . . .

You cannot calculate "last size". You can only know the total size traded between two points in time. It may be one trade or many.

#42     Nov 21, 2005
  3. drexl

drexl

Yes, of course.

#43     Nov 21, 2005
  4. txuk

txuk

I looked into IQFEED and was disappointed to find that they do not offer market depth in their retail feed, only in their institutional feed. I know the DOM figures into your trading strategy, so do you use the institutional? I found it a tad pricey at $750/mo!

#44     Nov 21, 2005
  5. mark1

mark1 Guest

I was not aware there was an option available to change the way QT computes volume data received from TWS.
    May I ask you where you find this option in QT?

Thanks IA

#45     Dec 6, 2005
  6. there is no such option in QT. QT always uses the cumulative volume

#46     Dec 6, 2005
  7. mark1

mark1 Guest

gees man that was a fast reply :D

Ok thanks a lot!

#47     Dec 6, 2005
  8. Sorry if I was misleading, I meant anybody developing software to use the TWS API must calculate bar volume as stated.

#48     Dec 6, 2005
  9. IB DOM... You can also build a top level DOM off of QT's streaming API. I combine IB Data with IQFEED data and build that which you are aware of...

MAK!

#49     Dec 6, 2005
  10. txuk

txuk

Very nice solution Mak, thanks for replying.

#50     Dec 6, 2005