IB/cybertrader/ameritrade...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by fredz, Dec 17, 2002.

1. fredz

fredz

Is IB a real direct access firm? Their prices seem SO low in comparison with other direct access like tradestation.com . Are Cybertrader and ameritrade comparable? Also, is there a way NOT to use the Java interface, I really don't like it... Thanks

2. Eldredge

Eldredge

IB is definitely direct access. The TWS takes a little getting used to, but I really like it now - it is very fast. I don't know about the other two. Good luck.

3. (on IB) I find that downloading the TWS interface, and running it from your desktop works MUCH better than loading it from the webpage.

I didnt like IB TWS at first, but I do now because once you learn it, and deal with getting it set up, it is way faster than web based trading apps

4. fredz

fredz

I agree that a separate program really is the only good solution, but I find the IB TWS poor (interface) in comparison to other software-only solutions. But it's the cheapest of course...

5. Ameritrade did me the biggest favor in Oct by raising their rates. It forced me to look for a better broker, IB.

At $8 a trade, the commissions were not that bad, but IMO the fills and speed of IB are way better. With AMTD's new rates, IMO there is no comparision between the two.

6. Most traders end up programming hot keys and trading from the keyboard because it is faster. Hot keys is the real interface for TWS. That's how it is used. Complex graphical interfaces with star trek buttons and control panels I don't think are very effective for the real, day to day trader.

7. If you must have the clicky-clicky PavlovianMouse(tm) interface, I think Esignal now has order entry integrated w/ ib.

< alt-tab > F3+++ ctrl-x ctrl-b

8. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

9. "I DONT REALLY REALLY LIKE IT THAT JAVA INTERFACE ..YECHHH...."

ARE YOU FROM MARS?? HOW ABOUT MY BOOT UP YOUR ASS??

10. Scott,

Does Esignal/IB deal apply to the present Esignal/IB customers or do we have to keep paying $180 per month + exchange fees??!!:confused:

#10     Dec 18, 2002