IB Customer Service

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Austin Trader, Jul 25, 2005.

1. perhaps this index is being moved to the new NYMEX platform?

#11     Jul 25, 2005
  2. just21

just21

As well as having signed up for the free IPE data, you may have to sign up under Trading Permissions for UK futures, to get the COIL data. This is within IB account management.

#12     Jul 25, 2005
  3. alanm

alanm

Seems like I talked about this somewhere else...

QM is the electronically-traded, mini light-sweet futures contract. CL is the full-size, pit-traded, light-sweet futures contract. It's not an index. NYMEX charges $55/month for pit quotes, and probably a lot for the initial connection. IB doesn't trade any pit-traded contracts, and so probably has no reason to pay the initial connection fee to deliver these quotes.

If you're trying to arb CL against QM, forget it. There's already a MM (at least one) that does exactly that. Neither contract is all that active, and pit quotes will show you exactly what the pit wants to show you to make you do the wrong thing.

If you really, really want to see those quotes, you can get them from myTrack for $55 exchange fee (plus whatever plan you sign up for). If you want, you can get delayed QM and CL quotes at myTrack, free of exchange fees, to help you see what may or may not be there.

COIL is the IPE Brent Crude contract. Brent Crude is not the same thing as light-sweet.

#13     Jul 25, 2005
  4. lol. Really? That's not nice.

#14     Jul 25, 2005
  5. ========================
    Risktaker;

That pattern is mostly right and yet dont quite agreee you have to do'' everything'' yourself.

And Hoodoman, highest probablilty the reason you got insulted;
    IB probably looked up your nickname in Websters dictionary.:cool:

IB computer misfigured derivatives margin 3 times in one week;
    & customer service admitted it 3 times to me , however ,
    decided to not keep pressing issue, since shouldnt be /wasnt trading close to margin call anyway.

:cool:

#15     Jul 26, 2005
  6. just21

just21

IB, any news on when the IPE brent crude options are starting?

#16     Jul 26, 2005
  7. murry t turdle

Suggest you read the story I wrote entitled "Hoodooman" in Neiderhoffer and Kenner"s book, "Prudent Speculator". And yes
    you spelled it wrong but I spelled your handle correctly.
    Regards

#17     Jul 26, 2005
  8. Xenia

Xenia

Hello CS,

do we have to wait another 3 hours ?

Why can´t you fix this from HK or CH ?

#18     Jul 28, 2005
  9. def

def Sponsor

should come up soon, there was a hardware failure on the clearing side and I think a dbase needed to be rebuilt - there are people working on it.

#19     Jul 28, 2005