Ib Customer Service Sucks

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hpex1, Jan 29, 2002.

1. ktm

ktm

The reason I have to keep calling about the same problem is because it's still a problem. These are system problems that must be resolved. As I've written many times here, I have orders (calls) frozen and do not wish to have them execute. I know IB help cannot resolve this but my only hope is that if they continue to hear from me and others, that they will be more motivated to achieve resolution with tech support. I don't know what else to do.

#21     Jan 30, 2002
  2. It sounds like you should open a can of whop ass. That might solve your problem. If that doesn't work try smoking some drugs they make problems like this seem to be less annoying. Good Luck

#22     Jan 30, 2002
  3. tymjr

tymjr

trade555: “… you will be perfectly happy and not need to smoke any drugs to deal with the problem…a recreational drug habit is helpful in trading.” - 01-29-02 01:07 PM

“…when it gets bad I smoke a little bit of drugs.” - 01-29-02 01:28 PM

“If that doesn't work try smoking some drugs.” - 01-30-02 12:54 PM

Okay, I’m just gonna hafta say NO! And for those of you that insist on their use, please operate your mouse responsibly.

#23     Jan 30, 2002
  4. Have a scene of humor.

#24     Jan 30, 2002
  5. tymjr

tymjr

Pleeezzz, stop pressuring me! Nancy, take me away!

#25     Jan 30, 2002
  6. With all due respect, no one is going to get (nor should they expect) the same "quality" or level of customer service from IB as one would get from, say, Merrill. The latter charged me over $230 to execute a trade that would cost less than 8 bucks with IB. Merrill excels in customer service and I get a nice coffee table-book (fmv about $3.50) for Christmas though.

#26     Jan 30, 2002
  7. I want to change the thread to LETS BASH IB. What do all of you out there think of my idea. PS If costumer service is bad just smoke some drugs then it seems less important.

#27     Jan 30, 2002
  8. hypex, Iam 1000% in agreement with you; see my post in Equity trading thread

#28     Jan 30, 2002
  9. ddefina

ddefina

Maybe they should offer two levels of service, one for the bare bones trader (current) at .01 a share, and another for the personal assistant type for .02 per share? Or have a 976 line at $5 a minute for immediate service?

I can see if you have a problem then it would be a pain, but personally I've called them once to complain about a stop problem and they called me once to break a trade (to my advantage). I haven't had any problems 99.99% of the time.

#29     Jan 30, 2002
  10. what do you expect for one cent/share? If you want handholding, calendars, education and someone to talk to, go with one of the traditional brokerages (Schwab, Merril, Morgan Stanley, JPM etc)

The only thing that matters is good execution and a stable platform.

#30     Jan 30, 2002