IB Customer Service is Poor

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by stockgirl, Jul 14, 2006.

1. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

That says it all!

#51     Aug 31, 2006
  2. zdreg

zdreg

depends on the country.

#52     Aug 31, 2006
  3. zdreg

zdreg

based on your previous posts you seem to be interested in the lowest costs and nothing else.

#53     Aug 31, 2006
  4. cscott

cscott

I cannot understand why this foul-mouthed prick [aka kiwi_trader] has not been banned yet.

#54     Sep 1, 2006
  5. jsmith

jsmith

Haahaa, he's just being honest. He didn't even call him insulting names. Looks like your the one who has the foul mouth.

#55     Sep 1, 2006
  6. I just assumed he was in the USA, but you are right.

In some other countries $40 is too much...:D

#56     Sep 1, 2006
  7. To clarify my previous arugments or views, I'm not saying all IB staff are rude. Some of them are nice. :)

#57     Sep 1, 2006
  8. LOL. That implies we can't simply judge people solely on posts. :D

You read too less, or you won't get this wrong impression. At least I have asked questions about stability, margin and account protection. :p

#58     Sep 1, 2006
  9. In some other countries, $40 is nearly nothing. :D

#59     Sep 1, 2006
  10. Kiwi is an IB loyalist. :)

Sometimes people have double standards. On one hand, he keeps complaining the data quality problems and IB adding charting features that bloat TWS. On the other, he doesn't like to hear others pointing out problems about IB. :p

He asks other complaintants to go away, but he doesn't ask himself to go away.

Think about it. If any suggestion or complaint, no matter how valid/reasonable/mild it is, may get rejected with a very rude statement like "Go away if you don't like our services and attitude. Bye!"

Fortunately IB doesn't treat him in the same way like how he treats others regardng the data quality issue.

It is strange to see why some people will react so fiercely to every criticism. A constructive criticism is not necessarily a bad thing.

After all, don't take it too negatively or offensive. It is never intended.

I see them as advantages.
    One thing it attracts me is 100% online. All of the things can be done via online. Fastastic! Its recent implementation of the poll page impresses me too.

Is it very costly to train the customer service to be courteous to their customers?

Just a thought. If the cost of improving the overall attitude of IB staff < the benefits of getting more satisified or new customers, this training cost is well-spent then.

However I hear many people like the product of Tradestation, and I think you could subscribe to Tradestation (and pay the monthly fee).

I hope they could improve their brokerage services though.

#60     Sep 1, 2006