IB Customer Service is Poor

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by stockgirl, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Yes, but programs like Quotetracker, which I and many people use as a front end, use the TOTAL VOLUME for the day , which now includes spread trades, to construct the volume bars.

So it creates a *huge* last bar when doing an intraday backfill. 50- 100 K large, depending what time of day , and how many spread trades there were.

Medved, the programmer of Quotetracker claims he cant tell the difference between 'missing' volume bars and this spread trade volume.

Not sure how this can be resolved. IB could omit spread trade volume altogether from the total figure, if that is an option.

As is stands, the charts are ugly and innacurate, especially volume based bars.

PS The charts in TWS do not display this problem as they do not do this 'adjust' for the difference in total volume and the sum of all the bars.

#121     Sep 12, 2006
  2. 100% agree. This is a problem. Jerry Medved is quite right - there is no way to tell the difference via the API.

#122     Sep 13, 2006
  3. If I cared about volume I would vote to omit the spread volume --- it totally stuffs hsi up in the few days before rollover each month.

#123     Sep 13, 2006
  4. I don't see any point to include spread volume in the futures contracts.

No, isn't it?

#124     Sep 13, 2006
  5. Bob111

Bob111

don't know about efficiency of IB's ticket system. ticket, placed @ 10 am 3 days ago still not even assigned to anyone. regular email to IB 5 years ago usually been answered(even if it did not solved your problem) in same day.

#125     Sep 22, 2006
  6. IBj

IBj Interactive Brokers

I was unable to find any unclaimed tickets. Please PM me the ticket number and I will look into it.

#126     Sep 22, 2006
  7. Bob111

Bob111

well..then something definetly wrong with IB ticket system.
    IBj-can you pm your email? there is couple screenshots i need to send to you.

Thank you!

#127     Sep 22, 2006
  8. Xenia

Xenia