IB customer service hours

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Mav88, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Mav88

Mav88

I have a stop not being executed, so I go to IB help and they list a phone number for emergency issues. I called and it was 'outside normal hours'.

That's really irritating, they don't even man an emergency phone until 9am eastern?? They think nobody trades until 9am eastern? These guys are a joke.

This is the second time a stop has not been executed, anybody else getting that?

2. cvds16

cvds16

your stop was probably not triggered cause it was 'outside normal trading hours' (no joke), you can adjust that easily in your settings.
    You should call IB europe if you want help.

3. Mav88

Mav88

I have a cell phone, and it says that the number cannot be reached as dialed.

The order was entered as a bracket order, it is impossible to have the limit order filled (as a out of normal hours type) and the stop not be of the same 'out of normal hours' type.

btw this is the second time this has happened, the first was during normal hours. I just sit and stare at the order and I can't believe they are not filling it.

4. Mav88

Mav88

IB live chat just sits and waits, for people to come to work I guess.

I bet it would be easier to get a hold of my doctor right now.

5. Mav88

Mav88

I did get finally through to IB help in Europe, and it was cell phone provider's fault, not IB.

IB live chat though just sat for about 45 minutes even though it said it was available.

The issue with the bracket order is frightening, someday I might have walked away thinking I was safe because I had a stop in. IB is looking into it now, I'll post here the resolution. At first glance they could not tell me the error, which says it is not something routine.

6. Mav88

Mav88

I learned a costly lesson: If you use webtrader, the box "fill outside regular trading hours" only applies to the stop, not limit orders.

7. cvds16

cvds16

you got to be out of your mind to use webtrader, that's only for big emergencies. Use normal TWS.

8. Bob111

Bob111

YOU have to do some homework,before you start making those statements..
    there is offices in HK and Europe,if there is something happens outside of US ET hours. make sure you have those numbers in your notebook, not in PC

9. Mav88

Mav88

I use webtrader once in a while, I don't mind it all since I chart externally, does the job fine for me.

The issue is that if I enter a bracket order, then very little can go wrong since the stop is entered automatically, or else the entire trade just didn't go through. I have almost never had to call customer service because of the way I trade. However stops on ZB are generated artifically, and the radio button that enables 'outside normal market hours' is for the stops only. I didn't know that part.

Apparently I didn't hit the button, BUT there is no way to tell since webtrader doesn't give you a look at that info after the order is entered (big problem IB! listening?).

I'll never know since they will only say it wasn't and i have no proof.

You are right on the European phone number, just never had a problem at 6 am before, I also had to get international phone service.

10. cvds16

cvds16

using TWS would have avoided this whole problem

#10     Feb 26, 2009