IB-contract selection

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Bob111

Bob111

is anyone have this pop up,which tell you that you must choose a market for particular stock?
    it started like from today morning(i have really old stand alone version of TWS,which was never updated)-let say you want to trade BBY-a message pop up which says-"Contract selection" and you have to highlight market to trade(for me it's GBP or US). i guess it mean german and us?
    there is no explanation about it,what is this for,why it never pop up before,no announcements or release notes and on top of it-why i have to choose, if i have no permission to trade german markets anyway?
    is this mean that IB did some updates on your computer without your knowledge?
    can anyone explained it to me?

Thank you!

2. def

def Sponsor

GBP = British pounds. The stock trades in London and we offer it and the database pulls up what is available.

3. Bob111

Bob111

Hey Def! long time no see..thanks for quick respond man!
    but why i have to choose between GBP and US if i trade only us markets in us currency(which is specified,when you open account)? can IB just place like option to choose which pop up's are enabled and disabled? like in MB?

Thank you one more time!

4. def

def Sponsor

I'll make the suggestion.

5. Bob111

Bob111

Thank you!

6. Bob111

Bob111