IB Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ryno, Sep 11, 2005.

1. ryno

ryno

I have been using IB for several months and as of Saturday, I have been unable to successfully login to my account - on both of the computers I tried.

I enter my username and password, click "login" and the process just quickly flashes a dialog box (which disappears too quick for me to read anything) about every 5 to 10 seconds. Meanwhile, the login dialog box stays open.

I have tried the latest version and the previous versions and get this problem with both versions.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Thanks

2. saturday ande sunday morning you cant login.
    you probably can login around 11:00 am pst on sunday

3. maxpi

maxpi

Sometimes you cannot login to the TWS that runs on your computer on weekends. You can go to the IB site and login to the browser based account and trading software however.

4. ryno

ryno

Fellow Traders

Thanks for the quick reply.

Maxpi, since my original post I did attempt to login to the IB WebTrader site, same result. I assume I may have had too many uncessful attempts at logging in and have been locked out for an hour or so - comments?

However, on I was able to login to my 'statements' and see that my account still exists, with the balances that I expected.

ryno

5. maxpi

maxpi

Uhhh.... yeah. I had one failed login with the local version of TWS, not enough to raise any flags with IB, and I cannot login to the WebTrader due to a "server error". Maybe only account info is available on weekends. Sorry if I misdirected.

6. ryno

ryno

OK ... I was just looking for some confirmation - thanks for taking the time to provide me info.

ryno