IB connection problems AGAIN

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Tech Analysis, May 7, 2002.

1. They just rolled back from 763 to 762.1 about 15 minutes ago. Seems they did that a couple of weeks ago as well

#21     May 7, 2002
  2. Guys- After todays login problems i must say that now IB is being demoted to backup status. Gonna use j-trader as my #1 choice. Been running it and it seems stable. Sorry IB but you have made me doubt you once too often.

#22     May 7, 2002
  3. If IB just rolled back to an earlier version than it must mean
    TWS is all screwed up and it isn't their connection, but the
    software they are using. Why don't they just can this JAVA
    BS and code some Windows software instead?

#23     May 7, 2002
  4. DaveN

DaveN

larrybf,

Who's your broker? (Public or PM is fine.) I've used JTrader before, and I can't say it was any better or any worse for connectivity issues.

#24     May 7, 2002
  5. Bulletin 1: We've lost connection to the NYSE

Bulletin 2: We've reconnected to the NYSE

Bulletin 3: We've lost connection to the NYSE

Bulletin 4: We've reconnected to the NYSE

Bulletin 5: We've lost connection to the NYSE

Bulletin 6: We've reconnected to the NYSE

Bulletin 7: We've lost customers this morning

#25     May 7, 2002
  6. hans130

hans130

I am using Pointdirex. They dont have problems like them and commissions are similiar.

Hans

#26     May 7, 2002
  7. It is situations like these that make me glad I have chosen to stay on the lagging edge of technology, always a few updates back in the cycle (no problems). It just sounds like IB is falling victim to the common development problem where you add one feature and cause 2 bugs. They just need to improve the QC and review process, take a bit more time in alpha and beta testing and slow down the release process a bit IMO, remembering that the priority is bugfree first and new features second. It would be nice if IB kept the last 3 versions on the web site and rolled them forward so there are always about the 3 latest versions there. That way those of us who choose to lag behind can do so easily and those who are on the cutting edge can move back easier when bugs crop up on new releases, and tech support doesn't have to scramble to get the old release back up on the web site.

#27     May 7, 2002
  8. No problem with Nasdaq quotes. I never trade NYSE, what is it good for ? :confused:

#28     May 7, 2002
  9. mbg

mbg

you know - I've give IB the benefit of the doubt...

that being said - let me now say this

IB really sucks! Especially when you put in an order to sell, and their computers take a fucken coffee break for about a minute to decide the following:

1. do i really want to process this order?
    2. do i really know how to route this order?
    3. do i really fucken care if the customer loses a lot?

I've made my last trade with IB - cheap commissions make for heavy losses on the technology side

sorry def - IB just ain't reliable - and when you're putting your hard earned money on the line, .01 a share doesn't make up for shitty service - besides, I wouldn't even consider calling a broker there - thats a joke.

#29     May 7, 2002
  10. There's also a lot of slippage with their "BEST" order routing.

#30     May 7, 2002