IB connection problems AGAIN

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Tech Analysis, May 7, 2002.

1. Low commissions, but I'm beginning to think it may not be worth the aggravation. Up until a month or so agi it was a stable service. Lately things are going downhill faster than the QQQs

#11     May 7, 2002
  2. ddefina

ddefina

They must have different servers depending on account # or something. I had problems a while back when hardly anyone else did as well, but they admitted problems on their end.

If IB didn't doing so many other things well, including price, there would probably be more changing accounts.

#12     May 7, 2002
  3. just21

just21

try the installed version. I found it more stable as ie crashes don't affect you.

#13     May 7, 2002
  4. A year or so ago we had 4 or 5 TWS up at a time. There were the same problems then. Randomly one or two would go out, all on the same T1. Nothing changes.

#14     May 7, 2002
  5. What also is annoying is each time you're logged back in the bulletin alert flashes and you'll notice that the previous alert gets attached to the bulletin log so it becomes a long repeated log of the same alerts.

They introduce a new version of TWS every week or so and it seems like they create more problems than they solve sometimes.

#15     May 7, 2002
  6. ktm

ktm

The bulletins piling on top of each other is a nice touch.

#16     May 7, 2002
  7. Eldredge

Eldredge

What version of TWS are those that are having problems using? I have held off on installing the latest version (using 760.3), and I am having no problems. Perhaps the problem is related to a particular version :confused: . Good luck.

#17     May 7, 2002
  8. Now they're saying they can't route to the NYSE. Had that yesterday as well.

#18     May 7, 2002
  9. Version 763, but I've had similar problems in 760 and 762. It's a connection issue, not TWS itself.

#19     May 7, 2002
  10. DaveN

DaveN

I'm on 762.1. The latest bulletin says that the standalone version's issues are now solved, they're working on the web-based version.

I haven't had a disconnect in quite a while.

It said something to the effect of a new version of the TWS, but I haven't downloaded anything new. Perhaps it's software on the server end.

#20     May 7, 2002