IB Commissions/power outage

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by white17, Aug 21, 2003.

1. white17

white17

Check your daily statements for this week carefully. I found option commission errors on mine. I'm sure it was a glitch caused by the outage. IB corrected immediately when I pointed it out, but I could have missed it easily.

2. def

def Sponsor

We knew about that right away. All options were charged for direct routing instead of SMART. On Monday or Tuesday, all option client executions - regardless of route were credited to reflect a fee of $1 per contract.

3. entern

entern

Hi,

Mine were modified too (trading comissions) by more than a half. (thank you , ib was prompt on this)
    However, I am not sure if ib charged correctly cancellation fees. If the system handled all orders as DIRECT ones, then while cancelling those orders would cost more than cancelling SMART ones.
    I payed unusually big cancel fees for both Friday (when outgage happened) and Monday next week.
    And this u cannot find out by yourself from ib statement, unless u count your number of cancelled orders

4. def

def Sponsor

I understand all charges were modified and treated as SMART. If you think there was an error send a note to the help desk and someone should follow up.