IB commissions for low priced stocks

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bitstream, Aug 9, 2006.

1. It is, although for Bulletin Board stocks the routing choices may be limited to NSDQ (INET) or ARCA. When I wanted to buy some Refco stock the day it dropped 99%, my Ameritrade order sat there while trades below my bid got printed. Finally had to go to Schwab to get filled.

#41     Aug 14, 2006
  2. LMAO, its not my point, it's what's written on their website, 'the routin' system under the plan will not be seekin' price improvement although it might happened u get a better price'...and i just made an assumption about buyin' the bid/sellin' ask, read carefully; i said 'prolly'.

#42     Aug 14, 2006
  3. thx, i'll have a better look at it and maybe open an acct with 'em.

#43     Aug 14, 2006
  4. alanm

alanm

Quote from Trader_Herry:
    Plan C is flat rates up to 4000 shares.
    After that, it is not flat rates ($0.01 per shares).

Anyway I just point out some direct-access brokers do offer flat-rates. Sure they have additional conditions or terms.

If you read the details in the "Read More..." page, you'll find that this is not what most would not consider to be direct-access. One might want to investigate exactly what the "MBTR" route is, and whether your order is being sold to a MM.

(Edit) Note that I'm not bashing or even faulting MB here (unlike the rhetoric that usually enters into these discussions). They clearly describe what they are doing, and anyone that takes this business seriously realizes that people have to make a profit to stay in business.

#44     Aug 14, 2006
  5. ok, today i got in a $2 stock to see how much i had to pay in commish and was pretty much astonished to find out i paid $16.88 for a 2000shares trade...man that's seriously DEAR. 2ticks aint enough to breakeven; u still down a few dollars at the 3rd tick, and at the 4th tick u begin to make some money. this is absurd: it's a 2% move just to breakeven. are u ib guys goin' to give us a chance to trade this stuff or not?

#45     Aug 17, 2006
  6. def

def Sponsor

bundled or unbundled because your math doesn't add up.

.005 *2000 = $10
    .002*2000*$2= $8

$8 < $10 and thus your fee should be $8

each tick =.01

2000*.01 = $20

$20-16 = $4 and thus you make money on a 1 penny move.

#46     Aug 17, 2006
  7. bundled and its not question of math not addin' up...these are the real costs: i got in at 2.11 and got out at 2.11 after 1tick [theoretical b/e]. r/t costed me $16.88. its just not feasable to trade 'em with this structure...and u wont make money with 1tick beacuse there's a spread.

#47     Aug 17, 2006
  8. def

def Sponsor

if you got out at 2.12 or 1 penny you would have made money. you stated you needed 4 ticks, that isn't true.

#48     Aug 17, 2006
  9. ok, sorry about that; got confused by the pnl prices on booktrader. still, if the stock is quoted at 2.10/2.11 u get in at 2.11 kk? the stock gotta move 1tick otherwise u have to get out at 1tick loss due to the spread, after that u gotta pay commisions so that's 2ticks..of course at the second tick u begin to make some money but u do understand the costs cover almost the whole tick value...the 3th tick is where u begin to make money based on the shares u bot. on a $2 stock u need the stock to move 1% to cover costs. to me is not reasonable to say u can trade this stuff with acceptable r/r.

#49     Aug 17, 2006
  10. def, what it boils down to is that if u lower costs for these stocks u'd attract much more biz, cuz frankly there's no way am gonna trade em if they stay as they are and i think most everyone, except prolly gamblers or insiders wouldnt either. i mean, considerin' the min tick, who on his right mind would take the risk of buildin' a big position when they move the same as regular stocks .. i think u got everythin' to gain and nothin' to lose.

#50     Aug 17, 2006