IB-Commissions Changes

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, Apr 25, 2008.

1. #41     May 6, 2008
  2. wjk

wjk

The change in equities was explained to me on the phone as follows: (I recieved an extra trade commission that did not show up in the trade execution window, but did show up in the execution part of my activity statement the next day).

I recieved a partial fill, and chased the play to get the complete fill. I altered the order myself and got the fill. Because of the new change, I was charged the extra trade (min comission). In the past I would not have been charged for that action if the fill had completed within a specified time. In a nutshell, I will experience an extra charge only if I modify a partially filled order.
    If I don't modify, I may or may not get filled, so It will depend on how bad I want my full size.

I trade directly through TWS, and I only trade equities, so that's all I asked about. Didn't ask how the change affects options or other instruments. I don't like the change, but I can live with the new structure. I understand why they made the change. Guess we all get to pay for the few that game the system.

#42     May 6, 2008
  3. If it wasn't for Sterling, this would be a very attractive offer, and something I'd consider.

But everyone i know who uses Sterling complains almost daily, SW is slow, API is horrible, and the API support is non-existent.

If you considered adding FIX, you would attract many more of the high volume traders.

#43     Sep 21, 2008