IB College Olympiad $100,000 Winner Announced

Discussion in 'Events' started by Steve_IB, Mar 23, 2007.

1. gusy

gusy

One thing to make clear is that the strategy description one gives to IB is not to the level of detail that “they” have anything of use and will trade in front of your orders in the future. I predominantly trade pullback strategies so I probably wrote something like “looking to enter futures or equity instruments after a substantial pullback from their trend and hold for one to ten days”. I don’t think IB or any one reading this board is going to take away my “secret strategy” for making 100% per month from the above statement.

Also anyone who has some trading experience knows there is no strategy to produce 100% monthly results in a consistent manner. However, there could be one strategy that will produce these results in a particular month, so the challenge is really which rocket ship to ride this month….
    :D

#11     Mar 25, 2007
  2. I really doubt that most of the winning strategies are sustainable, as gusy pointed out. They could have bet the farm and shorted NEW and LEND for all we know... One of the winners last year said he tried to create a NN estimator but gave up and bet his entire account on GOOG (the day before it was added to the S&P).

#12     Mar 25, 2007
  3. notice what was bold...do not misquote me please....

#13     Mar 25, 2007
  4. def

def Sponsor

done

#14     Mar 28, 2007
  5. gusy

gusy

Thank you IB..... Nice to see one's school in lights!

#15     Mar 28, 2007
  6. WTG, Tigers! 4 of the top 27 places, incl. 1 of ~3+ girls.

#16     Mar 28, 2007
  7. jtnet

jtnet

i wasnt up there, they said i had tooo many manual trades, but i did none!

#17     Mar 28, 2007
  8. subban

subban

Good to see my alma mater representin Baruch College.

#18     Mar 28, 2007
  9. GGSAE

GGSAE

So 27 students out of 250 were profitable?

Good to see one from my alma mater @ #19.

#19     Mar 31, 2007
  10. At least OSU won something!

#20     Apr 3, 2007