IB closing inactive accounts.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by serpent, Feb 16, 2008.

1. I imagine it's serious. but do you expect IB to discuss internal matters related to the security of their operation and compliance issues?

How ridiculous.

#51     May 25, 2008
  2. what the fuck are ya doin bus with ib anyway?
    do you see buffett, tudor jones, lampert or any major players using ib??
    of course not.

#52     May 26, 2008
  3. sivashad

sivashad

Please read.......

Dear .....:

No, you may not open a new IB account and transfer your holdings internally. Your IRA account must close IMMEDIATELY. You can transfer your account to another brokerage or liquidate, however you are far past the original deadline provided you for this action 2/25/2008). Your inquiries are now merely delaying the inevitable.

Your account must transfer or liquidate IMMEDIATELY. Please do not respond with further requests for information or stall this process any further. Your account will be reviewed by the Compliance Officer in the next few days; if the account remains opened, he will make the determination whether to allow you to close it on your own (you have already had 4 months to do so), or if your account will be liquidated.

Please proceed IMMEDIATELY to the Interactive Brokers website and transfer your account. There will be no further delays permitted on this action.

We look forward to your IMMEDIATE compliance with the above account.

Regards,

Tom

New Accounts Department
    Interactive Brokers, LLC-US

#53     May 26, 2008
  4. This guys a clown

suggest govt agencies get involved to see why he wont close the acct.

#54     May 26, 2008
  5. JackR

JackR

Definitely not getting the full story from Sivashad. There appear to be at least two accounts involved.

Here is an extract from any earlier (2/16/08) post:

Dear ***vash,

RE: IB Account UXXX635

From his his latest post:

RE: IB Account U338132

As Whimsy said - Just ACATS the account and everything is fixed. If he doesn't ACATS the account IB will close his positions (probably losers) for him and send a check. I imagine IB would rather not get involved with that aspect but I suspect the law would be on their side.

Jack

#55     May 26, 2008
  6. sivashad

sivashad

stock777 are you another "NORMAL AMERICAN PATRIOT"???

#56     May 26, 2008
  7. sivashad

sivashad

JackR. Two accounts has been closed. Individual account and IRA account.

#57     May 26, 2008
  8. Any chance you could let us know why your accounts were closed? You seem to be rather quiet on this issue.

#58     May 26, 2008
  9. sivashad

sivashad

I am asking IB WHY? I did not close accounts by myself and no explanations so far.

#59     May 26, 2008
  10. That fucking idiot (stock777) spent all his waking minutes lurking/posting on ET! Put the creepy crawling snake on ignore list.

#60     May 27, 2008