IB close prices for fri

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jonahern, Jan 13, 2019.

1. jonahern

jonahern

prob a non-issue...am working on ib api stuff tonight and notice the close prices for friday didn't post - still showing thurs close as "close price"

2. Bob111

Bob111

when i was dealing with daily time frame and EOD stocks prices-it's was a common thing with IB. from what I remember-I even create some sort of procedure to double check (yes-two times) EOD prices-one time around 11 PM and second time-before market open on next day.
    but Thursday prices on Sun? never. make sure you requesting the right day

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. DaveV

DaveV

It may not be IB's fault. On Friday evening I downloaded the close prices from equity close prices from IQFeed at 6PM, and they were still showing Thursday close prices. I reran at 8PM and they were reflecting Friday's close prices.

jonahern likes this.
  4. jonahern

jonahern

i put this in the "trading" forum because imo, bad prices affects trading. I didn't assume it was an IB issue - just happens to be the plaztform I'm using.
    i'm all set - but ya - I'm looking at TWS and the api...just didn't post fri closes

5. %%
    Good double check.
    IBD[investors.com] hardly ever does that.
    But any can make an occasional error like showing a day, last years short % gain of 0.4%. Actually it was 4.0%; honest mistake.:D:D

6. Bob111

Bob111

There some talk about it in twsapi group.or maybe it was you?
    For last few days I've noticed that realized PNL at least on my paper account wasn't reset overnight,but reset on the middle of a trading session