IB Chronic Data Feed Issue

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by rcj, May 25, 2009.

1. "actually I said that, I stated I now use IB as my back up and now do very little trading their." and you are correct I am happier. You will also notice I did not recommend any broker or state where I do most of my day trading.

#41     Aug 13, 2009
  2. Hi Kiwi, I am not an IB hater, just trying to help out or give a heads up too traders as I appreciate receiving it from them. Is that not what ET is about? Why is it anytime anyone says anything that people like you do not agree with they are stupid or a twat. I'm sorry you are such an unhappy person.

Perhaps if I and others sound similiar in our posts it is because the problems being incurred are real. I don't see how my posts are offensive because I am stating a present trade problem.

You are right " I am not a girl, I am a full grown woman".

#42     Aug 13, 2009
  3. Hello Hoi:

Thanks for the informed post.

I had no idea this had been an ongoing problem...although now that you mention it I do recall that years ago I used to use the market depth window, prior to the BookTrader. Later, the BookTrader came out, so I used both the BookTrader and the market depth window since I liked the data presentation better.

I started having the problem....again, it's been years ago when the BookTrader first started, when ever that was. I do recall calling IB, who told me to close out both market depth window and BookTrader, reopen BookTrader, then reopen market depth. That would seem to clear up the problem. However, you had to open the market depth window and the BookTrader up fresh each session.

Anyone, somewhere along the line it quit happening until fairly recently. But that's why I started closing out BookTrader and reopening.

I would definitely hope that IB would address the problem.

OldTrader

#43     Aug 13, 2009
  4. Thanks Hoi,

Always good to see your information.

So the answer for now seems to be "if you want solid market depth info to go with IB trading you're going to have to pay for it separately."

#44     Aug 13, 2009
  5. First, I hope IB will address this situation.

But actually if you asked me if I'm getting "solid market depth", I would say I am. But, as I've outlined in other posts here, I have to make sure that I open BookTrader as a fresh open each TWS session, rather than leaving it open when I close TWS, and then just opening TWS (which should then open all the open pages, to include BookTrader).

Maybe I'm just lucky.

OldTrader

#45     Aug 13, 2009
  6. Hoi

Hoi

That is indeed the "recovery by hand" procedure. And the way ButtonTrader does this automatically for you (as, since 2004, ButtonTrader has a built in MD-corruption-monitor, and auto-re-requester). But if market keeps volatile, or there is some other persistence distortion, you will need to repeat that procedure repeatably for hours (which is crap…).

I really hope that one day, IB sees the light, and solves this structurally, as MarketDepth isn’t a traders toy anymore (as it was in 2003) but an essential part of his trading style.

Hope it helps
    Hoi

#46     Aug 14, 2009
  7. rcj

rcj

Hoi ... (or anyone else)

Do you know whether or not the order matching engine for
    YM still operates on the same server as before the merger??

#47     Aug 14, 2009
  8. Hoi

Hoi

Don't know...

#48     Aug 14, 2009
  9. #49     Aug 14, 2009
  10. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

I would like to gather all information/complaints related to book trader/market depth to make sure we have addressed every single one of them.

Please send PM to me or to DAV with short summary of the issue. I will also follow up on each issue reported in this thread so far (no need to resend).

Thank you in advance for your assistance,
    - Dennis, IB dev

#50     Aug 14, 2009