IB cheating

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Feb 13, 2013.

1. A few months ago, I shorted a stock and got a message from IB that the stock wasn't available but they would fill the order when it became so.

I immediately canceled the order. No problem with that.

About 15 minutes later they filled the order after the stock had dropped in price.

I then called IB and the bastard said that I didn't cancel the order which was a god damn lie.

As they use to say, "he would steal the pennies off a dead man's eyes".

#21     Feb 14, 2013
  2. Bob111

Bob111

that's what the logs are for.

#22     Feb 14, 2013
  3. It is extremely naive to believe that your broker is unbiased when filling your orders.

My job is to take that into account when trading. I do not believe it is any better with any other broker.

Having your opening orders freezed for 26 minutes after the opening is NOT what I asked for.

If you don't care. If your big swinging dig will make some other trades to cover the bad ones and it will all take care of itself. Fine with me.

I believe other traders should know about the biases which are build into the system not by "some small little evil dude twisting his evil moustache while working an order desk to screw people ove." But by the design of the TWS.

#23     Feb 14, 2013
  4. zdreg

zdreg

"It is extremely naive to believe that your broker is unbiased when filling your orders. "

suggest you look at the record of price improvement of IB compared to other firms.

#24     Feb 14, 2013
  5. Occam

Occam

Where does this "price improvement" come from? I don't think they're giving you a free lunch. This is a firm that reserves the right to send its orders to its Timber Hill affiliate. To assume that you're going to get the same price as you would from a real exchange is a stretch -- and this is not measurable by any means, as the exchange may have hidden orders that dramatically improve the "price improvement" offered by any smart routing system. Not to mention the fact that it screws up spreads for the market as a whole.

#25     Feb 14, 2013