IB cheating

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Maverick2608, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Well maybe he should wear his seat belt.

#11     Feb 13, 2013
  2. Bob111

Bob111

this one?
    [​IMG]

#12     Feb 13, 2013
  3. [​IMG]

#13     Feb 13, 2013
  4. I have traded for a living for 10 years.

I have never seen OPG (opening) orders clear after more than 26 minutes.

I did get the correct price on RATE.
    The problem is the selective cancelling of my OPG orders.
    My RATE order did not get cancelled, because it was out of the money after 26 minutes.
    My RKUS order was cancelled because it was in the money after 26 minutes.
    That's the problem.

I doubt any of the critical posters on this thread will be trading for a living for 10 years. That requires an ability to recognize when your broker is f...... you.

IB is now conducting an investigation.

#14     Feb 14, 2013
  5. I agree on this.

IB from time to time cancels OPG orders. It is safe to assume that the cancelled OPG orders on average are ‘in the money.’ If NYSE OPG orders sit too long, I cancel them myself and fill the orders manually.

There is also some slippage on the executed orders. I know exactly what the amount of slippage is on average.

I have taken this into account and I still make a profit.

However, this was a different situation, because:
    1) The delay was more than 26 minutes
    2) I was blocked from cancelling my orders during the 26 minutes

That is why I have filed a complaint with IB and that is why they are conducting an investigation.

#15     Feb 14, 2013
  6. I did get the correct price on RATE.

That is not my complaint.

Read my post.

#16     Feb 14, 2013
  7. def

def Sponsor

A complaint is one thing. Claiming someone is cheating is another. You'll get a proper analysis going through the formal channels. However with a BS title such as the one in your thread, don't expect much help from the likes of me on this forum.

#17     Feb 14, 2013
  8. I agree it was a BS title.

I did and do not expect any help.

I wanted to let others know what happened and I needed an outlet for my frustration (wrong decision, wrong venue).

And I wanted to spare my hand which has an above average number of bite marks year-to-date.

#18     Feb 14, 2013
  9. PRLB is a good reference.

15:32:40 yesterday my PRLB OPG buy order filled at 47.94 whereas the opening price is recorded at 46.70 - slippage 2.7%.

This is ok because:
    1) I could cancel the order at any time up until the order was filled at 15:32:40
    2) I can stop using OPG orders altogether if I the slippage gets too large on average

RKUS and RATE were not ok because:
    1) I could not cancel my OPG orders for 26.5 minutes
    2) After 26.5 minutes IB made a discretionary decision to cancel the heavy in-the-money RKUS order while filling the out-of-the-money RATE order

IB should of course have filled or cancelled all the OPG orders - not cancelled some and filled others at their discretion.

#19     Feb 14, 2013
  10. what on earth makes you think it was a discretionary choice by IB? Just the profit difference? What if it was all automated with an unintentional outcome, and you just got the shitty end of the stick?

and IB "should" have tried to fill both orders independently, not cancel them both because one wont fill. Don't say they "should" have done anything outside of what you asked them to do (via order ticket.)

yes, it sucks you got filled on one shitty play and cancelled on the other. yeah maybe IB messed up somewhere technical. but I can't imagine there's some small little evil dude twisting his evil moustache while working an order desk to screw people over IB's clients

perhaps you should spend your time working with IB on a solution to what happened instead of bitching here

#20     Feb 14, 2013