IB Charts?!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by trader99, Aug 4, 2019.

1. trader99

trader99

I've been trading afterhours with IB. The charts is all messed up with bad ticks everywhere. I can't even do my normal chart pattern detections since there are these super long wicks everywhere. wtf.

are you guys experiencing this?

2. What are you trading after hours on Sunday?

3. trader99

trader99

My favs: GC, NQ, NG.

4. trader99

trader99

upload_2019-8-4_19-49-15.png

I want and need to trade GC. IB charts is so screwy...

kventin.upgrade likes this.
  5. I don't see the same data issues as you. Maybe try switching to another chart and back?

trader99 likes this.
  6. _eug_

_eug_

I have the same issues with the GC IB chart all the time. Chart elsewhere, TWS is for execution only.

trader99 and comagnum like this.
  7. The chart you show is from the stitched continuous contract. IB calculates a continuous contract, comprised of multiple underlying contracts using some fancy mathematics. However, for a 5 minutes chart do you not really need the continuous chart, unless you want to scroll back very far in history. If you switch to the chart of the actual contract you want to trade, do you see the same spikes?

trader99 and kventin.upgrade like this.
  8. Chilli19

Chilli19

I’m new here. And I don’t understand one thing. How can one cryptocurrency be in trend, and the other not?

kventin.upgrade likes this.
  9. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

We can supply unfiltered data for charts, and at the same time provide good execution for it.
    No reason to go through this pain. We will deliver on the charts what the exchange supplies.

10. It's very simple, for example, hmm ... I don’t even know how to explain this to you, it turned out very funny

#10     Aug 7, 2019