IB charts with improved clarity

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DT1, Jul 7, 2009.

1. DT1

DT1

This is customizable :)

#11     Jul 14, 2009
  2. ba1

ba1

I still prefer Thinkorswim charts. I have both IB and ToS.

#12     Jul 14, 2009
  3. blnbr

blnbr

Agree the beta version charting is clearer and better.

But one thing bothers me is that when I try to print a chart of certain period (say from 5am ~ 11am of an intraday chart), and zoom in that period to print, the program automatically zoom out once I press the print button, and the whole day of data is printed instead. I used to be able to print the zoom-in period easily in the old versions.

Does anyone know how to fix the problem? TIA

#13     Jul 14, 2009
  4. Rex

Rex

Haven't tried it but a work around may be to use the print screen button on your keyboard and paste it into MS Paint. Kind of a pain but it should work.

#14     Jul 14, 2009
  5. blnbr

blnbr

I did tried a few tricks before, but they did not work well or just caused inconvenience each time I print the chart. For example, I can paste the chart in MS then print it, but I have to first change my chart's background color from black to white first (otherwise the print out would be too dark), and then I need to change the chart color back for my charting after the printing. I need to print several charts in different time each day, obviously that's not good for me. I also tried PrintScreen but somehow it did not work so far...

#15     Jul 15, 2009
  6. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

The chart printing problem is fixed in the newest TWS beta.

#16     Jul 22, 2009
  7. blnbr

blnbr

Thanks a lot for the call. Very glad to get that back :)

TWS beta is a very nice program. An additional TA tool I've been hoping for is Time Cycle lines in TWS. The TA tool box will be perfect with the feature, IMO.

Best regards.

#17     Jul 23, 2009
  8. Support almost always tells you to reinstall java .

They (generally speaking) and the bastard developers are time wasters .
    Who gives a damn about IB charts anyway ? I wouldn't trade off these charts, except in emergency if I am on vacation and at a cybertcafé or hotel.

IB developers have no clue , have no idea what it's like to use their appplication every day to try to make money. These people are hazardous to your account and worst of all lower your overall quality of life.
    Yes that's right IB developers are really doing nothing more than raising your blood pressure and making you unhappy. Really they should be made redundant, they generate a net cost to IB because anytime there is a problem with their new buggy release, people have to call. It uses phone lines, requires more CS staff and slows down the processing of other more important inquiries. While they are being paid by the hour to pick up your calls, you aren't making a dime off of their incompetence. Worse your account is going down with the market while TWS beta release (or just any version for that matter) has freezed your system. So what's their answer to your problem , reinstall java !

Brilliant

#18     Jul 23, 2009
  9. I don't really have a problem with IB's charts. A little slow in updating bars, but my profitability is not based on reacting to the last nano-second change in bar size. They have some features that I actually find superior to Quotetracker, such as the ability to plot horizontal S/R lines with one click.

My main issue is with the constant version "updates", which usually cause you to move 2 steps back before you can move one step forward. I understand trying to improve the system - that's all fine and dandy. But do one, test the shit out of it for 6 months, then let it ride for awhile until you figure out the next set of changes that are REALLY needed. Then do another update in a year or so.

We're trying to TRADE here, and the interruptions caused by these regular TWS updates are more detrimental than they're really worth, imho.

#19     Jul 23, 2009