IB charts with improved clarity

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DT1, Jul 7, 2009.

1. DT1

DT1

Hi there,

The beta version of TWS was released today with improved charting. Very impressive to me.

Only thing that bothers me now is the limitation on the numbers of stocks one can chart. But I believe now IB has decent charts.

What do you think?

Regards,
    Olivier

2. bl33p

bl33p

Looks very clear compared to the current. Hope to get this out of beta as soon as possible.

3. Current release takes too much mem and cpu. I will try the beta one year after its formal release. I do not want to be a guinea pig for my mission critical trading software.

4. Rex

Rex

I would like to try the beta but as of today I can't log into either of the web versions.

The standalone still works.

Support told me to delete and reinstall Java. Tried it , didn't work.

Anyone else having this problem?

It was working for the past month and today it quit.

5. The issue now is more daily historical data. Quotetracker options still make more historical data charts easy to pull up. Hell I can get 70 yr chrt on spx using their free prophet.net feed..IB needs to address that next.

6. Why? Are you not able to run QT and TWS at the same time.

I suggest an upgrade from that 386

;----)

I would put 70 years worth of daily data at about 10,000th on the things IB should do.

7. ib charts don't add value. QT is more efficient at handling ib data.

8. I see what you're talking about. QT already has a large data base feed from Bigcharts thats is more than enough for most.

9. DT1

DT1

QT is a great software for charting. I used it for a long time. But I trade stocks and I like to be able to display a chart simply by clicking on its ticker in the portfolio page.

I only use the beta version of TWS now. It's great!

10. moo

moo

Why is there still that ugly gap between the candles? Such a waste of space.

#10     Jul 14, 2009