IB Charts - upgrade requests

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dougman100, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Forget QT if you want flexibility.

Sierra Chart (worksheet and C++ dll control options) and Ensign (interpretted espl) will give you everything you had in MT ... the MT language is very close to C++.

#51     Jan 11, 2007
  2. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

One important feature QT is missing is displaying study value in the data window. It only displays o/h/l/c/v as you move the crosshair back and forth.

#52     Jan 11, 2007
  3. That is correct, if you really need to program your own indicators or want to build trade-systems you QT will not suffiice.

Btw. QT allows you to build paintbars and put them on many spots on the chart. They change color depending on several conditions you can write yourself. I never used them but those who do speak highly of them.

I never was able to get Sierra to run. I spent more time trying to run it then I ever spent on QT. It is too complicated for me, on several levels. I agree it looks promising and I even bought another month of access to try it again, but no luck, I gave up again.

Ursa..

#53     Jan 11, 2007
  4. Yes, that would be a great improvement. QT is currently very visually oriented. Also, many indicators would have totally meaningless numbers associated with them (what does an actual value of 687 for for the PVI mean?).

QT has much room for improvement, but as it is I think it has the best price-performance, even the non-free version.

Ursa..

#54     Jan 11, 2007
  5. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

FYI, starting with TWS version 866, the charts are receiving the 5-second bar data from the IB servers, and starting yesterday the calculation of the 5-second bars for US SMART stocks and GLOBEX futures have been changed to include every tick, so the TWS charts should never miss high or low of the day and the bar volume displayed should be 100% accurate. We are in the process of rolling this out to all exchanges and products.

We will be upgrading the API in the coming weeks and giving third-party applications access to the same real-time and accurate 5-second bar feed.

#55     Mar 28, 2007
  6. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

We have identified a potential problem with old versions of TWS which do not handle the new backend-supplied 5-second bars correctly. Thus we are forced to turn off the backend support for all versions of TWS except the current browser beta TWS (871).

If you are running TWS 870 or earlier, this change will cause TWS to revert to calculation of bars based on regular realtime market data it receives.

#56     Apr 13, 2007
  7. Posted this message directly to Ib two days ago. Since no one is asigned to my problem yet, maybe IB people posting here can get me answers?
    =========================================
    hello Ib,

I only trade smh (etf stock) intraday.
    I was not able to trade full size on july 2 2007since there was no smh intraday smart data showing on my tws real time chart.

I started up the real-time charts several times since, but still no intraday charts could be downloaded for july 2 for smh smart.

In the mean time I also looked at SMH ETF Island on the tws charts and for this instument july 3 2007 is missing.

Since the bulk of smh is traded throug smart/island and smh is the only thing I trade, this unreliable datafeed is very irritating.

Quiestions:
    1] What is wrong?
    2] Can it be fixed
    3] Can it be more reliable?

Respect

#57     Jul 6, 2007
  8. I would like to see Keltner Channels.

#58     Jul 6, 2007
  9. This how it looks without 2 and (4 july=holiday)

• dav.jpg
      File size:
      23.7 KB
      Views:
    #59     Jul 6, 2007