IB - Charts stop working after a while

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by andysmith, Jun 23, 2011.

1. I have a grid with 4 charts (multi-chart) of the same security. Each chart has two indicators. I have it linked (red cube at top right of the chart window) with the Quote Monitor window.

I click on a symbol in the Quote Monitor and it populates the chart grid. Work great for the first 7 or 8 times I click on a symbol... then the next time, the charts stay blank.... says "loading". Sometime the charts eventually show up... or sometimes I have to log out/in.

No exotic settings in the charts. IB tech support hasn't been able to help. I've tried several experiments to find the cause -- no luck.

Please help if you know what might be wrong.

Thanks!

2. nasdorq

nasdorq

IB for some reason restricts the amount of bandwidth you can use to the point where some of their analytical tools become unuseable. I've had the exact same problem, except after flipping through a watchlist it would cut off data after 5 or 6 symbols. I've raged over email support about this but they don't seem concerned. If the software side of the business wasn't run by zombies they would have ditched java and upgraded their platform. So, I use them for execution only. Strangely, there doesnt seem to be a bandwidth limitation when using IB as a data feed with 3rd party charting like Quotetracker or others, only if you use their data tools. go figure.