IB Charts... Alternative?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cfree5119, Oct 7, 2011.

1. The one feature that all of the low end charting packages is missing is a spread calculator to chart spreads and ratio spreads. e.g 2*zn-zb

#21     Oct 10, 2011
  2. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

NinjaTrader does allow you to chart spreads through custom multi-series indicators. We have a number of users doing this already. Caveat is you do have to program this.

#22     Oct 10, 2011
  3. post an example of the code to do this, thx.

#23     Oct 10, 2011
  4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

#24     Oct 10, 2011
  5. say welcome to another just registered complainer. what rock do they crawl out from under?

charts load instantly for me. maybe speed varies by iq?

i c u use a mac. thats your first problem. IB runs best on a mans computer, not a teen girly thing.

#25     Oct 11, 2011
  6. That is one of the problems I have always had with Macs. If you buy a Mac you get exactly that...a Mac. If you buy a PC you can completely customize and optimize it for certain tasks. You can upgrade or even use multiple video cards for gaming, you can add more ram to run many or larger suites of programs, you can run faster processors or even multiple processors for CPU intensive programs. Or best of all you can buy the best of the best components and have a true beast of a computer. Throw Linux on it and you have a MS free, secure, powerhouse, that with Wine can even run most Windows programs.

#26     Oct 11, 2011
  7. BSAM

BSAM

IB charts have been greatly improved since times past.
    I use them everyday.
    If you can't make money using IB charting; you can't make money.
    Are they perfect? No.
    Are they as good as the old/supported QuoteTracker? No.
    Don't let this discourage you. (Refer back to my first and third sentences.)

#27     Oct 11, 2011