IB Charting.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by IBsoft, May 12, 2005.

1. ozzy

ozzy

Hi Everyone,

I mentioned that my STOP order was not executed. This was my fault after re-installing I forgot to check the box. But there is still a market order problem. I just sent a market order 2 minutes ago and it did not execute.

ozzy

#21     May 13, 2005
  2. Hoi

Hoi

Was the Market order for a USA-Stock ?? Then it is still before RTH and default is RTH-Only (If you have not switched it off you should).

PS: TWS shows a warning-box when you try to send a RTHonly order.

#22     May 13, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

It was for YM (Dow e-mini). I believe RTH only applies to STOP orders, this was a SELL market order.

#23     May 13, 2005
  4. ozzy

ozzy

Also, I never had these problems before. I believe I was using 845 version (before my re-install) but I'm not sure about the Java version. I think that may have been an older version.

#24     May 13, 2005
  5. Hoi

Hoi

No YM should work (and RTHonly is something else then rth-triggering, and applies only for USA-stocks, all order-types).

My advice : switch on "Audit Trail" then you can send this not working action to IB-helpdesk to explain/solve.

#25     May 13, 2005
  6. ozzy

ozzy

Ok. I checked the Audit Trail. There was no Audit for my SELL MARKET order. But there was a modify order for the SELL MARKET order. So something is defenitely up. You should not be able to cancel a Market Order ! NO?

ModifyOrder
    MsgType OrderCancelReplaceRequest

SendingTime 20050513-12:56:18
    ClientOrderID XXXXXXXXXX
    OrigClOrdID XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ClearingAccount XXXXXXXXXX
    OrderQty XX
    Side Sell
    OrderType Market
    Symbol YM
    MaturityMonthYear 20050616
    SecurityType FUT
    IBLocalSymbol YM JUN 05
    TimeInForce DAY
    ContractID 29625318
    CumQty 0
    6205 0
    CheckSum 217

ozzy

#26     May 13, 2005
  7. kowboy

kowboy

You need to have the charts auto refresh on the two day charts.

It's a royal pain and totally unwworkable to have to manually refresh these. Realy, how hard is that to change?

Thanks Def

#27     May 13, 2005
  8. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Any concrete suggestions?

#28     May 13, 2005
  9. IBsoft

It will not include all the ticks. It will be bars of variable lengths. The bar length will depend on the length of the requested time interval.

#29     May 13, 2005
  10. IBsoft

1 week query will result in 300 second bars.

#30     May 13, 2005