IB charging exchange fees

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tntneo, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

def, please tell me I won't get charged twice for quotes if I
    have two accounts (one ira and one regular). I already
    generate plently of commissions in my main trading account.
    Yes, myira is sitting with all cash due to the bear market.

Can you check to make sure people with multiple accounts
    won't be charged multiple times for the same quotes?
    And if one account satifies the $30 commission, that the
    charge will be avoided for all the accounts?

#91     Nov 7, 2001
  2. def

def Sponsor

DDE - possibly 1 month

multiple accounts, I was informed there wouldn't be multiple charges.

#92     Nov 7, 2001
  3. Forgive my ignorance but what is DDE ?

#93     Nov 7, 2001
  4. Fohat

Fohat

DDE = dynamic data exchange.

An established protocol for exchanging data between Windows-based applications

#94     Nov 7, 2001
  5. Thanks Fohat. How would allowing DDE links into the system be a precursor to allowing someone not to subscribe to quotes ?

#95     Nov 7, 2001
  6. Fohat

Fohat

WIth DDE, one can write a program that executes orders directly from his/her RTQ data provider software (e.g. QQL, Esignal) bypassing IB quotes alltogether.

If I can execute orders directly from QQL why should I subscribe to the slowly refreshing IB quotes?

#96     Nov 7, 2001
  7. Fohat - that's great news. def - thank you very much !!

#97     Nov 7, 2001
  8. Eldredge

Eldredge

Fohat,

I am a fellow QQL user. It has been my experience that there are times when QQL lags TWS (the day the market reopened, it was about 4 minutes!). QQL does seem to be generally much more reliable though. But when TWS is working properly, I don't see any difference. Has your experience been different?

#98     Nov 8, 2001
  9. shyhh

shyhh

We are all paying (extra) exchange fees for both our datafeed and broker. The exchange really got do something about this. Maybe we could have an exchange fees a/c that could be used with all the brokers and datefeeds.

#99     Nov 8, 2001
  10. Fohat

Fohat

Eldredge,

Level II quotes lag direct ECN quotes, because Level2 has to be aggregated and re-disseminated. Therefore, level2 may frequently lag Island ECN quotes.
    QQL quotes are more reliable than TWS and especially Qcharts quotes. I haven't noticed QQL to lag except at the extreme day you mentioned, when market reopened.
    Frequently, during sharp price/volume moves, I've noticed that TWS quotes freeze, while that has no effect on QQL.

Even when TWS is working properly there is a difference. TWS delivers autorefreshing shapshot quotes , not realtime streaming like QQL.
    This means, that in fast moving markets TWS snapshot quotes may lag and miss more than 50% of the realtime streaming quotes. That's a big difference

Snapshot autorefreshing quotes are inferior to realtime streaming.

#100     Nov 8, 2001