IB Changes Futures Pricing

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by JackR, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Speculation.

#11     Apr 10, 2010
  2. absolutely. they are lowering because just about everyone in this business has lowered. they were the last.

thats how advantage came out of nowhere. they offered rates far below everyone else.

#12     Apr 10, 2010
  3. ZRA

ZRA

Does anyone keep a software copy of the old "Futures Commissions Bundled vs. Unbundled Pricing Comparisons" (for all markets)?

If so please post it here or via PM. Thanks.

#13     Apr 10, 2010
  4. ZRA

ZRA

What makes you think infinity, amp, global have higher commissions than IB? In fact it should be lower.

#14     Apr 11, 2010
  5. ZRA, I don't have a copy but the way I see it they eliminated the first tier which was up to 300 contracts. With the old unbundled once you hit 300, you saved 20 cents/side, now everyone starts at 2nd tier and you save 35 cents/side over the old "rack rate"

Comes out to ~$100 a month savings over the old plan if you trade 300, then it's about another ~$100 up to 1000, then almost identical to the old scheme over 1000.

Way to go IB!

#15     Apr 11, 2010
  6. ZRA

ZRA

IB has removed nearly all the unbundled vs bundled comparison when it updates the part of "flat rate vs volume tiered" for US markets. Take a look at Canadian, European and Asian markets. The tables are next to empty now. :mad:

What's up IB? :mad: Why do you remove them when they still stay valid? :mad: IB, please restore those tables and bring them back to the old good shape.

#16     Apr 11, 2010
  7. They could let me trade for free, I still wouldn't want to use their crap SW.

#17     Apr 12, 2010
  8. pikkpakk

pikkpakk

I'm surpirsed that noone mentioned it but my calculations says if you trade well above 1000 per month you pay more on the above 1000 volume

#18     Apr 13, 2010
  9. yeah, they lowered commissions for lower volume traders but raised the bar for the higher volume traders to receive the 1st level unbundled price discount from 300 to 1000. I'm probably going to switch back to bundled because they have raised the bar 3x above what it used to be to get the first level discount and no overnight fees w/ bundled. The bundled commission is still a good rate so I'm not complaining either.

#19     Apr 13, 2010
  10. The USD rate schedule for over 1000 contracts per month is unchanged (exactly as I said in my previous post). If you are trading well over 1000 contracts per month you should be using another much cheaper futures broker.

#20     Apr 23, 2010