IB Capability

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by NKNY, Dec 13, 2005.

1. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

NKNY
    Please try it with the demo system so you can transmit an order and see how it works.

#11     Dec 14, 2005
  2. NKNY

NKNY

Ok, let me find the demo system...

Just to let you know I entered the positions again and now as I entered the stocks its giving me double lines of each stock.

The first line looks normal except its still showing 100 in the total quantitiy box and then it skips a line and shows the same stock but only shows the quotes bid, ask last price.

Maybe I should reboot.

Anyway, I will try it on the demo..

Thanks

Nick

#12     Dec 14, 2005
  3. NKNY

NKNY

Ok it worked in the demo.

Even though it showed that it was going to buy 100 shares of each it didn't when I pressed transmit. It alocated the positions based on the dollar amount and my % settings .

Thanks for the help DAV, this is much closer to what I was looking for. I still have to go down the line and enter the % but this really isn't a problem since I can do it before the market opens.

Also, in the demo, I cant convert limit orders to market ones. I still did that one by one but at least they went out as market orders wich saved me the trouble of changing unexecuted orders to market .

Thanks

Nick

#13     Dec 14, 2005
  4. NKNY

NKNY

One interesting thing I noticed:

In the Feature selector, under order managment, under order entry tools, there is an option Trading by dollar amount or percentage.

Ho does this work. It seems to be independent of the batch trader since you can turn off the batch trader and keep the trading by dollar amount & % open.

anyone use this option...?

Thanks

Nick

#14     Dec 14, 2005
  5. NKNY

NKNY

Ok to answer my own question and to help any other traders who wish to enter orders by % or dollar amount.

You can do it through the batch order entry or you can do it right on the regular order pages.

Simply go to customize layout
    then under the columns-order row check "quantaty type and Quantaty Value."

Now on the order page under quant type enter % of NLV or USD amount and enter the amount in the Quantaty value.

I,m not sure what DLV is for in the quantity type box...?

Nick

#15     Dec 14, 2005