IB: Can't connect to TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Soon2Bgreat, Apr 22, 2007.

1. For some reason the login screen comes up and it will accept my login, but it cannot connect. It simply keeps trying and failing in a never ending loop.

I got disconnected while logged in yesterday and haven't been able to get back in.

I'll be contacting IB when i get a chance, but i was just curious if anyone else had run into this issue and could point me towards some suggestions.

Thanks.

2. FuTuRez

FuTuRez

The servers are down every Friday (evening), through Sunday (afternoon)...

3. Lol, well i'd rather it be a silly thing like me not reading the manual than me having an actual problem.

Thanks.

4. Bob111

Bob111

Almost every day on one of my IB accounts i got disconnected at last minute of trading day. at same time, on same computer another account runs just fine. it's like a joke man...i place order to close position-got disconnected, after everything back-i have partially filled order with 40-20 shares left on my account and then-exchange closed, no decent bid or ask and i have sell those leftovers on next day. I have this issue for last few days every day.
    Literally feels like someone on other side of my monitor press disconnect button ms after i enter my order to close position :)
    Unreal

5. cscott

cscott

It's been suggested on IB's poll that TWS be available during the weekend. Hopefully, IB will do that.

Thru the week, my IB connection goes out an average of 3-4 times a day, but it's usually just for a minute... enough to screw up what you doing or looking at. Perhaps, this is common, a friend of mine tells me that his Fidelity connection has outages too.

6. Don't confuse ISP outages with broker outages.