IB Cancelation Fees

Discussion in 'Options' started by uptickk, Mar 19, 2011.

1. uptickk

uptickk

I have read several forums (conflicting) as well as the IB website but I am having a hard time understanding IB’s cancel/modify fee policy regarding option spreads.

If you enter a US Equity or Index option spread and cancel it, is there a fee associated with it or is it just single option orders that are accessed the fee for cancel/mods?

2. I don't see why IB would consider a spread as one order - it should be two orders and subjected to two cancel fees. It's best to track the fees yourself for a definite answer.

3. donnap

donnap

"Neither cancel/modify fees nor execution credits are not applied to US Option combination orders."

There seems to be an error. IB please clarify. Use of double negative implies that cancel fees are applied - when I believe that the writer meant the opposite.

Should read:

"Neither cancel/modify fees nor execution credits are applied to US Option combination orders."

Or:

"Cancel/modify fees or execution credits are not applied to US Option combination orders."

4. def

def Sponsor

bad wording. the exchanges don't charge for combo cancels so there is no charge.

5. uptickk

uptickk

Thanks def, I have been trying to figure this out for a while. Will be looking to setup an account sooner than later.