IB cancelation fees

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by stevelevi, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Thanks for the info everything clearer now
    I will open an Ib account soon
    Any other tip or suggstion or surprise anyone can tell as I move and start trading IB?
    Obviuosly IB is much diffrent than I have ever seen in my many years of trading
    Thanks

#11     Feb 27, 2008
  2. JackR

JackR

IB does not issue margin calls - they have an auto-liquidate program. I'd leave a comfortable reserve to allow for wide fluctuations. I'm assuming you are a stock trader, but if you trade futures be aware that IB has changed the intra-day margin requirements with close to zero notice.

When you move your account ensure that all trades in your current account are settled. If you attempt to ACATS your account and there is an unsettled position IB stops the process and you must tell them to try again or nothing will happen. (this was true 3 years ago when I opened with IB - it may have changed since then).

As soon as your account is open, open a paper trading account. You'll find an option to do so in Account Management once the account is open. It is identical to your real account in most respects and you can try things there without costing yourself any money. The Demo account is a poor substitute for the Paper Trading account.

There are a huge number of features in the TWS - I strongly recommend you look through the help. Sometimes the only way to find something is by using the search feature. IB does not always have a feature where you'd expect to find it.

Jack

#12     Feb 27, 2008