IB Canada.. Anyone use them?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by harold_callahan, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Why are our securities regulators hindering large reputable companies like Interactive Brokers and Tradestation from setting up business in Canada. They're supposed to be protecting investors but from my perspective they're hindering me from learning and using Tradestation.

I found here on Elitetrader, someone recommending a trader advisory service with an Ontario address. The company posted returns of over 100% for one month which if it's true, sign me up right away! I should be able to retire in 6 months! However I'm a little skeptical when the Elitetrader username of the person recommending the service and the Contact name on the company's website is almost the same.

My point is I've read about many cases where the Securities and Exchange Commision in the US will take a company to court if they make false claims about historical returns. Are our Ontario regulators doing their job of protecting investors or are they protecting something else?

#21     Nov 30, 2003
  2. #22     Nov 30, 2003
  3. Don't forget Canadian scandal as BreX and some other that many have forgotten since!

#23     Nov 30, 2003
  4. #24     Dec 2, 2003