IB Bundled vs Unbundled Pricing.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by walterjennings, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Regardless of what you wanna call it, NASDAQ treats opening and closing cross orders differently in terms of fees than it treats regular "taking liquidity" orders executed during the day. Opening and closing cross orders are charged 0.0005 per share while "taking liquidity" orders during market hours are charged 0.003 per share.

#21     Dec 1, 2006
  2. does anyone get the better tier rates for trading futures at IB? what would be the cheapest way of going about getting these rates?

#22     Dec 1, 2006
  3. I think this is incorrect. I think that unbundled pricing, if selected, will apply regardless of whether or not an order is SMART routed.

#23     Dec 2, 2006
  4. budha

budha

Please forgive my ignorance.

Trade Station advertises Futures commissions @: 25¢ — $1.20 per side, per contract plus exchange, regulatory & overnight fees.

IB advertises Futures commissions @ : $1.81- $2.40 perside, per contract but exchange and regulatory fees included.

Which is the better deal? How much are the exchange and regulatory fees?

Thnx…..budha

#24     Dec 2, 2006
  5. rcj

rcj

If you go check the commish tables at TS you will find the truth of the matter.

#25     Dec 2, 2006
  6. You make a good point that I hadn't thought about. However, lescor, in an above post, says his unbundled is coming out at $1.50 per 1000. He doesn't say, however, if he is sending directly to inet.

#26     Dec 2, 2006
  7. I don't think he's saying unbundled won't apply. He's saying that you will get stuck taking liqu, not adding.

#27     Dec 2, 2006
  8. that's your freaking choice innit.

#28     Dec 2, 2006
  9. zdreg

zdreg

if you place an order to buy on the bid or sell the offer u are adding lliquidity

#29     Dec 2, 2006
  10. from what i understood by reading ib's unbundled commish schedule your fees will fall under bundled only when orders are sent directly to a specific exchange trough api.

#30     Dec 2, 2006