IB bug that deletes all your pages

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock777, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Every time I leave TWS running until something past 12AM, I come back to find all the pages except 1 or 2 have been deleted.

This has been going on for a very long time. I rebuilt my setup a while ago thinking that would cure it , but nooooo.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I called it in a while back , but of course, nothing was solved.

It seems relate to the auto log out.

2. Sashe

Sashe

Use Restore Settings feature located in File drop down

3. mokwit

mokwit

Happens when there is a server side shutdown or issue.

4. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have had this happen several times when my ISP service was interrupted. My problem is with the auto save of TWS when the connection is interrupted and TWS starts going through a repeat cycle of trying to re-establish the connection and saves to the settings.xml file the default page settings. I do not want any program that auto saves when it is closed. I may make changes while I have TWS open that I do not want saved when I close TWS. I want to save changes only when I wish to save changes. IB should remove the auto save feature or give the TWS user the choice of turning auto save on or off .

5. alanm

alanm

Run TWS from a script or batch file:

1. Copy settings.xml (and other things, like logs, exec reports, etc.) to an archive file or directory named with the date and time of the copy.

2. Run TWS.

3. (After TWS exits), ask the user if he wants to save settings. If not, restore the copied settings.xml from step 1.

While it could be argued that TWS should have the option, it's a good idea to have this setup anyway to be able to recover audit files, execution reports, logs, etc. by date/time. I've definitely needed it in the past.

6. I have no problem using the backups, but I must tell you that this bug actually rewrites the most recent day with the bad layout and you have to go back 2 days.

It simply should not trash the layout just because the server logs off. There is no failure on either end, so its not a 'crash' problem. Only see this at midnight, and frankly IB so rarely drops off during trading that It's not an issue.

7. I've had that happen and it has also duplicated all my pages and won't let me delete them because they have orders on them.