IB brackets

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Jayford, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Hawker

Hawker

I'm not sure if is this you asking for, but with TWS , go to configure menu, Hot keys, then customize, you can set up bracket orders as your stop method, and create stops and targets using offset criteria from the bid, ask or last price.So every time you click to buy or sell you gonna have your stop and your profit target in the "armed" mode with a bracket with just a click on the main order !!

#11     Jul 31, 2003
  2. Hawker

Hawker

I'm not sure if is this you asking for, but with TWS , go to configure menu, Hot keys, then customize, you can set up bracket orders as your stop method, and create stops and targets using offset criteria from the bid, ask or last price.So every time you click to buy or sell you gonna have your stop and your profit target in the "armed" mode with a bracket with just a click on the main order .So if the profit target is reached the stop is cancel:)

#12     Jul 31, 2003
  3. paradox

paradox

Any way to create a bracket order using by default stop limit orders instead of stop orders?

#13     Jul 31, 2003
  4. Hawker

Hawker

As far as I know you can set Stop Limit orders as your default order going to Configure>orders>Orders default>Order Type.This is for the main order only.For Stop orders in the Bracket you can always change it once is armed in the Type column:)

#14     Aug 1, 2003
  5. Nope, this isn't what i want, but thanks anyway. I already do this.

#15     Aug 1, 2003
  6. jerry5050

jerry5050

http://sling.to/autotrader/

#16     Aug 1, 2003